Nav -- I see you played Ourk

General Discussion about Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Nav -- I see you played Ourk

Post by 36drew »

How did that treat yah bud? I see you lasted 17 minutes as ports vs. the best france there is around.

Got a recording by any chance? I recently played DAMNIT (#6 overall) and got owned in less than 10 minutes.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Nav -- I see you played Ourk

Post by KingKaramazov »

I noticed both of those games, Drew. Nice job getting owned. :P

Haha.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

Ourk is one of my fav experts and the way he plays france is just fantastic to watch :D He's also one of the few with a good attitude
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

I have never heard of him, guess ill have to dl some of his vids when i get home
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Look for a recording of Ourk vs. Glorious on Carolina. Amazing demonstration of how to play france.
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

And then watch one of MY recordings to see how NOT to play ANY civ.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

Thats funny I just pulled Ourk of my friends list to make room. We were never pals I just had him on there to look at his decks.

I'd like to see a record of Nav's games vs. people near his rank. More micro going on than I can handle. Well handle, and still have an economy.
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

my micro skills are umm...rofl any tips now that hopefully my comp doesnt suck
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

You know what would be cool is if someone were to nav build a few scenario's nav that are only beatable with good micro skills NAV. I thought of this back when scenario building NAV before TAD came out was the NAV thing to do. Well if someone NAV would care to do that or NAV suggest a vs. troop combination that would be NAV cool. I know it's a lot of work to build a Scenario (ref:my to this day incomplete scenario) but if someone NAV were inclined it would be really cool.

I actually thought of doing the same thing myself to increase micro ability. Not sure if there are aspects that make it non-practical to practice vs. AI though.

So sorry my NAV button was stuck on during that last NAV post!
"It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, the stains become a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

^ That would be an excellent idea. I don't know anything about creating scenarios but would love to test for balance and different levels.

I think it could have anything from the basic hit and run to multi-volley to having 3-4 control groups going at once.

Somethings I have 3 going and I find that gets pretty damn hard at times. 1 infantry, 1 cav, and 1 artillery.
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Strangely enough, I don't use control groups. Never have.

And yes, I did get crushed by Ourk. He normally uses Indians, but we were on a no-Indian map. I tried to raid with hussars but unsuccessfully. He did a great job of screwing with my raiders and protecting his vils. I don't think I killed a single vil... his micro was also amazing, quite a bit better than mine. Anyway, he FFed and mauled me with petards, skirmishers, and dragoons.
Groovy.
ZoRPrimE
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ZoRPrimE »

If no control groups how do you select the specific units you need just control and shift once you've clicked and dragged a large group?

Having a fast PC would be critical to your style of selecting units I'd think. Sometimes takes me 3 or 4 tries to successfully click and drage a group of units with this stupid LAPTOP!
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

^the problem I was running into until today
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Actually, Zorp, if I have more than one type of unit, I just double click. A lot.
Groovy.
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""ZoRPrimE""]If no control groups how do you select the specific units you need just control and shift once you've clicked and dragged a large group?
[/quote]

I use double click, or kust marking a few with the mouse or using the shortcuts which selects all idle military units (new in TAD). Control groups i only need for pikes staying at home