Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Navarone_Guy(Harley14) vs. AYM

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Navarone_Guy(Harley14)(Major): Portuguese
AYM(Lieutenant colonel): Ottomans
Map: Hispaniola
Winner: Navarone_Guy(Harley14)

Was a good game and shows how to beat Ottomans (although circumstances worked out well for me) with the Portuguese. I knew hussar raiding was going to be suicide and that was confirmed when I saw his 3 villagers heading toward my base to make a barracks for a very original, clever janissary rush! I had 140 gold and 200 food, so I decided to mine 10 more gold and get minutemen to screw up his FB. It worked and I killed 2 out of the 3 villagers and his barracks. I then had some skirmishes with my xbows against his janissary army and lost a lot of guys but wiped out his army. I then started making hussars and it was GG from there. I wiped out his abus guns and all but 10 of his villagers. My score was three times his and I was building 2 docks to water boom from when he drop tricked. Fortunately, both ELO and ESO counted it as a win for me.

Ok... it won't let me attach any files whatsoever. It said no age3xrec, no age3yrec, and no age3rec...
Groovy.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Navarone_Guy(Harley14) vs. AYM

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

zip it !
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Wll MNBOB told before it should work here, seems he has to reconfigure the attachment options for the Rec forum
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Just use fileden for now.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]Just use fileden for now.[/quote]

Someone is addicted :D
MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

try uploading again
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Nice job Nav. I'll watch the rec for sure.
Last edited by NEO_CrAz3n on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

^ Same. Especially since ports are such a micro intensive civ. Then again, you micro is your strong point.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Very smart getting MM for FB early. Now I think about how many times doing that could have helped me. I've never seen it done.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Craz i did it to you if you remember a while back, 1v1 you were brits i was dutch i believe, on new england, you sent your vills too close lol.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

Here goes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Groovy.
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

I just watched and no doubt, those MM really hurt him early and the abus were forseen (hussars). VGG Nav!

As you said, he didn't resign. ::/

I'm really glad you beat him.
Craz i did it to you if you remember a while back, 1v1 you were brits i was dutch i believe, on new england, you sent your vills too close lol.
Hmm don't remember that Dan.

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Heheh, very well played Nav. The minutemen were an especially good move, although imo a little bit lame -- but hey, you do what you gotta do, especially as Ports. Still, I wonder how the game would have gone if you didn't pull that off and he had made his original barracks.

I also can't help wondering how much easier that would have been for you if you had been French, though. You played basically like a French player, and didn't even have the stronger economy or crossbow shipments to help.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Nav, I also noticed you play using like 800x600 screen res? I'll bet things would be much easier for you using a higher res. I just upped mine and I can see so much more map. I also downloaded the minimized UI and that has helped a bit too.

MNBob
Honorary Officer

Post by MNBob »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]
I also can't help wondering how much easier that would have been for you if you had been French, though. You played basically like a French player, and didn't even have the stronger economy or crossbow shipments to help.[/quote]
As a long time Ports player this is exactly why I started playing French. I don't play civs when they are considered OP so I never started playing French until after they went through a few nerfs. I did this because I wanted to compare how they played vs Ports and the difference was one of the big eye openers for me that convinced me just how weak Ports colonial economy is.