Consulates

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Consulates

Post by RascalJones »

OK, I was reading a thread on heavengames about the consulates (Walker put up a "consulates guide", thus the discussion.

Someone's question from that thread, and Walker's answer
stupid question...do the crate bonuses from allying with Spain and the trickles from allying with Germany, block training with isolationism, etc. remain in effect after you burn your bridges with them? I figured the bonuses you get for actually just OPENING RELATIONS with a civ go away when you end relations, but when you send a consulate shipment of trickles or some other change with an indefinite duration, does it stay that way or does the block training, food trickle, etc. disappear when you break relations?
Well, it's not stupid at all. But yes, they remain. There's no code that "deactivates" them, or at least none that I've seen. Anyway, all the ones I checked did remain, so I really, really doubt there's a single exception among them. If you think about it, you are paying for the tech, and when you end relations you don't really get your Export back, do you?
Does anyone know this to be true? That would be a nice benfit for India, if you could ally with Portugal for cheaper buildings, and then ally with France for the gathering boost, and have both techs stay active. I thought that since they were "passive", that they would go away if the alliance was ended.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Consulates

Post by huGGy »

I ask myself the same question when i'm thinking about a market get crushed. Do I keep the improvements or do I have to rebuild the market?
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

The ones that you get with the research ie, 10% bonus to land units with isolation, that does not remain if you break relations
BUT the research ones like bushido principle (train 10 un its at a time with isolation) this type of research remains.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

^

Yes, what dan said. It's not like they could take away any of the buildings you got shipped. It was the passive techs that are the confusing part, the bonuses you get just for building it.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

And what about the Marketplace?
RascalJones
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by RascalJones »

anything you pay for at barracks, market, armory, etc... you get to keep. if you want the additional upgrades after the first ones, you'll have to rebuild to buy them.
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

lol well if you wish to try it, just build a market research the upgrades, then delete it and remake it again im 99.9% sure that everything will still be researched.
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Yes. If i rebuild it of course. I was just thinking, what happens when it gets destroyed and i don't rebuild it :).

But forget about the question. I rebuild it every time. Last game i built 2 Markets in the beginning. Safety first :P. (Got that as a rec game. Quite silly play, lol)
Cyclohexane
Honorary Officer

Post by Cyclohexane »

^
In my Quick Reference Guide, there is a worksheet "Consulate Summary". There is another called "Units - Consulate". Use the Table of Contents for quick access.

If you read all the Miscellaneous notes, you will know everything about the Consulate there is to know. I've tested all this in game. The note #12 is the correct answer.

I could post each one of these worksheets as an individual guide but it is time consuming enough to do this.

I'm currently on work travel so I have been updating both guides for new patch in the hotel at night (never been much of a TV guy). There is quite a bit of info I need to test and my computer is down.

Good news is, I just bought all the new parts for an upgrade (see tech section for details). Once I get it built and AOE installed, I'll have an update out. Maybe by next weekend if all goes right.
Lead, Follow, or Get the Hell out of the way!

QUICK REFERENCE GUIDE & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON:
AOE3 TWC TAD Quick Reference & AOE3 TWC TAD UNIT COMPARISON