Russian Record

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Crazy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Russian Record

Post by Crazy »

Me using russia vs a 2nd lt using japan. i go 17 vill strelet/cossack rush/harrass and he goes ashi to my surprise. Like my hit n run skills? please call 1-800-noo-good. Other then that, pretty quick game, i guess showing some early tactics.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Russian Record

Post by Soccerman771 »

watched this one. very good job, though russia is a very tough matchup for japan. The only thing I'd say to improve is when you have enough wood and an idle explorer, grab a trade post or some natives...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Crazy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Crazy »

thanks for the advice :D , i tend to leave my explorer idle after a bit, just got to get out of some bad habits
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Yea, make sure that your explorer is always doing something...exploring black space, getting treasures, what have you.

Particularly important is that you find out where the opponents base is, and also where big resources nodes (gold, hunting etc) are nearby his base.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
Puddleglum
Private
Private

Post by Puddleglum »

I'm pretty good at keeping my explorer active, but if he dies I never know when/if it's worth ransoming him.
"Nothing wrong with me. Not a frog. Nothing frog with me. I'm a respectabiggle"
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Only worth ransoming when you need a tc/tp.
Crazy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Crazy »

Particularly important is that you find out where the opponents base is, and also where big resources nodes (gold, hunting etc) are nearby his base.
It was on mongolia, so i used the scout to do most of that :) . Just the explorer part gets me, and a tp would've been nice
severebeating
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by severebeating »

Crazy.. a few small points that I noticed after watching your game. These are mostly tactics that I believe work on Mongolia.
1) I believe on Mongolia your Explorer should always capture the Mongol scout treasure very first thing. You went after the other treasure first. On the map there is so much herdable (yaks) food, you should make every effort not only to get it, but deny your opponent from it. The sooner you can get the scout on that task, the better. Also later in the game those yaks show up as white spots & you can task the scout to go to those points to really clean the map off completely.
2) After exploring fully, leave you scout to track back & forth to find vils, fb's etc. That should free up your Explorer to head to the north side of the map to take a TP. From there he can build a TC when possible to gain a lot of map control (assuming you go past Colonial.
Crazy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Crazy »

Thank you Severe, On mongolia I try to get the scout first, but just had a brain lapse or something, and got the other close one lol. And thats another thing I should get in the habit of doing, getting herdables, I know Texas is known for it, but I must remember Mongolia too from now on, cause there was a bunch of herds. If it was to go past colonial, I would try for a second tc, but as you said, I should scout my opponent beforehand, which I cease after a bit in that game. Thanks for the tips :)