Russia Replay

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Russia Replay

Post by Soccerman771 »

Ok, I'm putting this here for my Mentor to review, along with anyone from the clan that wants to see a pretty decent Russian Replay. 'twas a quick start 1v1 vs. a 2nd Lt who was british. Wanna know who wins? Watch the replay... :twisted:

I'd appreciate some good feedback on this. I think this is one of my best games as Russia. Thanks in advance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Russia Replay

Post by IndyBrit »

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to looking at it later. I hope that means you won, but I've lost some of what I felt were my better games, so...
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Soccer,
GJ. I don't know why you're an NCO but that's not going to last.
I watched this twice just to see how the Russians work. I think I'd be good with them but just never tried. I thought wood trickle was an interesting first card but I know nothing about Russian decks, so...
The following intentionally focuses on what you could improve, but you were clearly the more solid player in that game. GG

The good:
good map control and resource control, your TC was building villies most of the time (a few lags). Great transition at fort getting the right units out.
The bad:
you should work hunts back to your TC or FB more religiously. It didn't matter here, but you had sitting ducks in a few places. You could have raided more efficiently with your cossacks (5 cossack card!! wow) you should explore all the fringes and steer clear of his military group which you knew where it was standing. The cossacks died badly. You should have pulled the last 10-15 strelets out at 11:00 or so - the battle had turned and you should have preserved them. I think they killed 2-3 longbows from that point. Do you hotkey your barracks? It was hard to tell but you seemed to be looking for them a couple of times. You don't have to even go look at them if you put them in a control group.

The ugly:
You were housed with wood in hand from 7 min or so until late. That really made you pull some of your punches or this one would have ended more quickly.
Teppichporsche
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Teppichporsche »

Hey Soccer hey n30 im the mentor of Soccer and ive watched the Record.

You played well but did some mistakes which u can do better.

Against a British Player its better to go up with 17 vills for better eco.

Than your Kosak died on a stupid way. he was with his amry there and 8 Kosak < his mass lbs.
Go with your strelet first and kosak behind his army that he cant use his Range.
Your Vills were 12 Food 10 wood in the middle of the game, i think u dont need so much food vills.

Normal case, u build 10 strelet and 3 vills at the start. + 1 house than
= ~600 food and 200wood.
so i think after aging ~2 wood and later if u make 2nd blockhouse get a bit more on wood (u also got woodtrickle = 2 vills on wood)

When u was fighting u dont organized ur Eco and dont build new units.
Always look that u got enough pop! if u got ~ 3x not enough pop and u have to build a house thats 30sek or so.

Perhaps go a bit faster on koask or grens .

In that game Koask up (III) would be better .
The last thing is use ur RES!
u got sometimes 600food gold and wood and dont used it!

But still GJ , more action with strelet (vill raiding or so) would be better.

Teppichporsche ;)

*EDIT: U got only normal strelet ...get ur upgrades!
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Thanks guys for the feedback. I'll use it to get better. You have to know what to fix in order to fix it.

@ Indy - Russia doesn't have vil cards. Wood trickle is about the only alternative here as it is the equivalent of 2.5 unraidable vils. Thanks for the tip on hot-keying the rax, I'll put that to use now.

@ Mentor - Thanks. I will work to not get housed and use the tips you said. I'll work to get more recs for you to critique.

I watched my own replay to see what happened (rarely do that) and it's amazing the things you miss when you watch it from your own end. The idle vils, the unspent res...ugh
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]
I watched my own replay to see what happened (rarely do that) and it's amazing the things you miss when you watch it from your own end. The idle vils, the unspent res...ugh[/quote]

I always feel like a Noob when I go back and look at my games. It's one thing to monday morning QB, but bringing it all during the game is difficult. Like I said, I think you're a very solid player and you're going to get better quickly by taking an honest look at your game in recordings.
Teppichporsche
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Teppichporsche »

Yep. :) own replays suck :D
And Scout ur enemy good . When u see perhaps that he go on Husars go on musket to counter him!
mincx
Conscript
Conscript

Post by mincx »

its funny he didnt go hussar even when you were age 3
+
why waste some units :p dont you love your horse? x)

funny your ennemy didnt counter =/ let you have all map
and if you have all tp always que villis :p
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""mincx""]its funny he didnt go hussar even when you were age 3
+
why waste some units :p dont you love your horse? x)

funny your ennemy didnt counter =/ let you have all map
and if you have all tp always que villis :p[/quote]

I know, I think that letting the cossacks die stupidly was my biggest error.

I was always waiting on 5-10 hussars to pop out and obliterate the strelets, but never even saw a stable go up so I was pretty sure I was safe.

Thanks for the added feedback.
jtackel@hotmail.com

mincx
Conscript
Conscript

Post by mincx »

ye and also i think its better to explore your tc for second hunt :p and not going to the enemy :p