Drew Britain vs. PR 34 Ottoman

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Puddleglum
Private
Private

Re: Drew Britain vs. PR 34 Ottoman

Post by Puddleglum »

This was a really interesting game to watch. Drew, if you're still watching this thread, I was wondering: What made you decide to just let him take out your barracks and (I think) house while you waited behind your TC? Was it just that you knew that that was all he would be able to do? Like, it bought you time, and once he came forward to your TC, you knew would be at an advantage with your lbows and falcs behind the TC?

As a side note, this game made me notice that NWT is a great map for sneaking forces in around behind your opponent. The next time I played it I sent some pikes 'round back, and attacked with them just as he came into my base. Great strat!

Also, I wasn't familiar with the idea of building a TC as a defensive structure before watching this. At least, that's what it seemed like you were doing when you put a third one smack in front of the river ford.
"Nothing wrong with me. Not a frog. Nothing frog with me. I'm a respectabiggle"
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

I'm definitely going to check this one out. Otto rush can be scary with Brits, but you can usually find a way to run 'em down later if you live. GJ PR 34 guy.
kingchrisII
Colonel
Colonel

Post by kingchrisII »

imo brits got good colonial units, and as patch is trying to promote colonial battles i think they will fair well

i mean they got bows, musks, hussar and pikes and grens!

anyone else from clan got any good brit recs?!
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""kingchrisII""]imo brits got good colonial units, and as patch is trying to promote colonial battles i think they will fair well

i mean they got bows, musks, hussar and pikes and grens!

anyone else from clan got any good brit recs?![/quote]

I play them on an acceptable level. If you want to, we can have a match and record it.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

I have a couple of recs that others may find interesting. They don't show great Brit play so much as struggling wins by overcoming my own noobidity. :)

I'll post when I get home tonight if I remember.