Me port vs lt.col brit

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Me port vs lt.col brit

Post by IndyBrit »

Yeah, although you have a chance if you start before he gets there but aren't quite done (which is where I used to be against ottos when i used to build towers against them).

However, i've heard this with other wagons too (like TC wagon) and i'm just saying it's usually more of an "it depends" than a simple resource counting exercise. TC wagon may be especially true if your explorer is dead somewhere b/c you have to consider the gold to raise him in addition to the other factors.

Of course, I don't use wagons much, so I may be the wrong guy to defend them... :oops:
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Indy, if your TC is down, it doesn't matter how much gold you have. In that instance he can't be ransomed. The 2-towers wagon is the only one in any of my decks, except maybe bank wagon but I don't play dutch that often. I like it because it affects my micro as I'm usually doing 100 other things and don't need the extra 4 or 5 shift-clicks and vil seconds to build them with settlers.

3 TC's and 2 towers (3 if you have the wood) is a lot for any colonial army to counter. Once those 6 cass's pop out it's usually easy pickin's..
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Yeah, I just meant using TC wagon to get a second TC is not necessarily bad compared to the 1000 W card. Although I never use the TC wagon even tho I carry it around in my deck sometimes.

I don't think the 2 towers in age 2 card is a bad card, it just depends on how your game flows.
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Checked the rec out - GG - although those 2 idle organ guns could have cost you dear. They sat guarding that gold mine for a couple of minutes while the rest of your troops were in their base.

Halbs/Cassa is a good combination though.
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Against non-rushing civs I usually play eco-theory as first card. Is it better to save it and play 2 colonial shipments like 700 gold then choose one of the following 8-xbow or 6 musks or 2-towers back to back?
No way. For eco theory to be worth it you cannot have your vills garrisoned. But if you're being rushed, that's not possible. Trust me, one-shot kills are very very important when dealing with rushes. And the 400f 400c mm army is awesome when you have to kill all the pikes sieging you.
I am still working on how to hit the water best. Currently I send schooners in age 1, age up with 400 wood poli and then send 700 wood. Crucially this allows for you to build a house, barracks, first 2 fishing boats and queue up some xbows in addition to building the dock. Then send 8 xbow as next shipment. At this point I struggle with a mass 2 dock/2 tc boom or trying to hit fortress asap as it all gets a bit busy for me. I think this is a lack of skill rather than a bad BO!
I disagree. 400w + 700w is 1100w. That's too much wood for you to spend on fishing boats unless you make some crazy 4 dock boom while having your tcs razed. Age with 500f and ship 700w. That will give you food for vills and it helps you aging up. If you go with 400w+700w you'll have a lot of wood waiting to be used, that's not good against rushes imo.
On imperial I use the 4 settlers + 3 goons politician, but agree that there is plenty of choice here.
Heh I thought it would be easy to pick ^^ 1000 coin of course! You gather 1000w and you upgrade your musks into guerreiros. With gunpowder combat card these beasts have 40 attack with a strong eco to back them up.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]
Against non-rushing civs I usually play eco-theory as first card. Is it better to save it and play 2 colonial shipments like 700 gold then choose one of the following 8-xbow or 6 musks or 2-towers back to back?
No way. For eco theory to be worth it you cannot have your vills garrisoned. But if you're being rushed, that's not possible. Trust me, one-shot kills are very very important when dealing with rushes. And the 400f 400c mm army is awesome when you have to kill all the pikes sieging you.
I am still working on how to hit the water best. Currently I send schooners in age 1, age up with 400 wood poli and then send 700 wood. Crucially this allows for you to build a house, barracks, first 2 fishing boats and queue up some xbows in addition to building the dock. Then send 8 xbow as next shipment. At this point I struggle with a mass 2 dock/2 tc boom or trying to hit fortress asap as it all gets a bit busy for me. I think this is a lack of skill rather than a bad BO!
I disagree. 400w + 700w is 1100w. That's too much wood for you to spend on fishing boats unless you make some crazy 4 dock boom while having your tcs razed. Age with 500f and ship 700w. That will give you food for vills and it helps you aging up. If you go with 400w+700w you'll have a lot of wood waiting to be used, that's not good against rushes imo.
On imperial I use the 4 settlers + 3 goons politician, but agree that there is plenty of choice here.
Heh I thought it would be easy to pick ^^ 1000 coin of course! You gather 1000w and you upgrade your musks into guerreiros. With gunpowder combat card these beasts have 40 attack with a strong eco to back them up.[/quote]

I like to use the 1000 coin towards mercantilism. If you can make it to indy using only CM, 700 gold, and 1000 gold, when you play mercantilism you can shipment spam for 5-6 shipments with no down time in between.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

That's an interesting idea. But using only CM 700c and 1000c is a bit hard, I don't think most civs will leave you alone that time.

But remember one thing, the port's FI strength lies in getting facs up asap. Just shipments won't win you the game.