Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

otto in 1.01

Post by luukje »

Any ideas on new strats?

Im not that great on statistics but I just calculated that It takes about 8 min 20 secs to pay back the first tech upgrade (mosque + 100 wood) and if you take the second upgrade when reaching colonial you get even after 11 minutes. In situation 1 you have about 1.5 settler extra. In situation 2 3 settlers extra. But not using 200 wood or 450 wood for fast creation of military is huge!
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: otto in 1.01

Post by ruminator »

The change is not that much. You only need to get a mosque up when you have about 22 settlers built. Then take the increased cap followed by faster vills as resource allows.

Otherwise, just the same - although the silk road strats may no longer be worth it - the change from 30% to 15% is a bit excessive in my mind and possibly no longer worth a card.

If you go FF then spahi, followed by 2 falcs while building some jann support you often don't even need a mosque!
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I see otto dropping to the bottom of the civ rank (not calling them UP), at lower levels they will still perform well because of the easy playstyle, but I doubt we'll see experts using them
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Tatltael
Major
Major

Post by Tatltael »

the xp bonus from the mosque sort of makes it worth it to build early, but =/ i tried ottos today i couldnt keep up with japan =p
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

^You're not supposed to keep up with japan, you're supposed to wth japan with abus ^^ (not needed mentioning you also need jans to cover them up)
Killahsquirrel
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Killahsquirrel »

You always start with at least 300 wood, and millet system only costs 100 wood now, so just make a house and a mosque and get millet system at the start instead of a TP.