Recorded Games Requests

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Recorded Games Requests

Post by KingKaramazov »

I thought this thread would be a good idea. I made it over on the other forum and have moved it here. We have some very good players in this clan, and plenty of others who have a lot of potential.

In this thread, request recorded games from certain players, of certain civs, or certain matchups.

I think it'd be great if the higher ranked players (1st Lieutenant above) would respond to these requests and just in general post more games of themselves to help the lower ranked members improve.

Personally, I'd love to see some records of the games that Harley and 36Drew player against other players at their level (PR 29 / 30). I'm hoping Simple starts playing again soon too so we can get some recorded games from him! :)

Civ. doesn't matter to me.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
36drew
Honorary Officer

Re: Recorded Games Requests

Post by 36drew »

I'm for some requests. :) If anybody has one, shoot it my way.
severebeating
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by severebeating »

King, Great idea!!!

Drew, how about you & Nav recording one of your games together & posting? (as KK suggested)
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Really any good games you have in rated versus other people around your PR would be great - post as many as possible, haha.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Here is one:

PR 30 France (me) vs PR 31 Dutch

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11/18 ... ch%20major

I choose to always remain behind in age hoping that I can continue with an economical advantage -- seeing as france in colonial is respectable. I harass with medium success and my micro isn't good but the build order is quite good. My culverin micro turns out awesome though and I rip through his plethora of artillery. This is near the 29 minute mark. A few moments later he resigned. :D
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Here is another

PR 31 Spain (me) vs PR 27 China

It's an all-out spanish FF with the usual 7:30 time. He attempts to rush me with little success. My MM + garrisoned villies + wardogs + explorer manage to do the trick to kill the siege units. Then its shipements of lancers, pikes and rods FTW.

This is probably the simplest and easiest strategy for anyone to execute. It's also a biatch to play against.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11/18 ... ina%20capt
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

Thank you very much. :) Keep them coming, I'm sure these will help me and many others improve our games.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

That dutch player seemed to make some poor decisions I think. He spent a lot of resources going to Industrial when he probably would have been better off using those resources to make a larger army and stay in the fortress age while booming a bit more. When he reached Industrial your population was much higher than his - you had more villagers, and more military. Also, when he went Industrial he didn't even use his church techs. I think the game could have gone a lot differently if instead of sending factories so soon and trying to get heavy cannons when he should have known you would have culverins, he had sent the church techs and gotten stadhouders. Stadhouders would have helped a lot against your cuirassiers,and wouldn't be negated by your culverins.

Speaking of Stadhouder, if he had that card in his deck (I don't remember) he could have sent that and built a couple extra TCs and tried to get to his villager pop. His economy could have been better. Also, neither of you even bothered fishing. I can understand that as a French player you don't have schooners so it's less attractive, but it seems to me that as a Dutch player who knew you most likely wouldn't challenge him on the sea, it would make sense to make some fishing boats, if not early on then a bit later in the game.

The Spain game was a good one. I never thought of including 12 pikemen in my deck for FF as Spain. I'm rather surprised you didn't send 2 falconets, but I suppose it didn't matter in the end. I definitely want to practice the Spain FF, because as you say it definitely is not that hard to pull off and is indeed quite difficult to defend against, especially for civs like China. Though I'd be interested to see what would happen if you did it against a Chinese Disciple FF lamer.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I bet KK is gonna lame spain now :p
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""]That dutch player seemed to make some poor decisions I think. He spent a lot of resources going to Industrial when he probably would have been better off using those resources to make a larger army and stay in the fortress age while booming a bit more. When he reached Industrial your population was much higher than his - you had more villagers, and more military. Also, when he went Industrial he didn't even use his church techs. I think the game could have gone a lot differently if instead of sending factories so soon and trying to get heavy cannons when he should have known you would have culverins, he had sent the church techs and gotten stadhouders. Stadhouders would have helped a lot against your cuirassiers,and wouldn't be negated by your culverins.

Speaking of Stadhouder, if he had that card in his deck (I don't remember) he could have sent that and built a couple extra TCs and tried to get to his villager pop. His economy could have been better. Also, neither of you even bothered fishing. I can understand that as a French player you don't have schooners so it's less attractive, but it seems to me that as a Dutch player who knew you most likely wouldn't challenge him on the sea, it would make sense to make some fishing boats, if not early on then a bit later in the game.

The Spain game was a good one. I never thought of including 12 pikemen in my deck for FF as Spain. I'm rather surprised you didn't send 2 falconets, but I suppose it didn't matter in the end. I definitely want to practice the Spain FF, because as you say it definitely is not that hard to pull off and is indeed quite difficult to defend against, especially for civs like China. Though I'd be interested to see what would happen if you did it against a Chinese Disciple FF lamer.[/quote]

Re: Frace Game
When he went Indy I thought it was for sure for church techs. I was a little surprised to see heavy cannons. The sea is always useful and in retrospect may have been good.

Re: Spain Game
I forgot to have the 2 cannon card in my deck LOL. And I only have one deck to choose from! In my experience it works well vs a disciple lamer. Keep in mind disciples will get nerfed too at some point.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]I bet KK is gonna lame spain now :p[/quote]

Knowing me, even if I do I won't stay with any particular civ for more than a couple days...haha.

This week I haven't had hardly any time to play, though...what a horrible week.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""KingKaramazov""][quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]I bet KK is gonna lame spain now :p[/quote]

Knowing me, even if I do I won't stay with any particular civ for more than a couple days...haha.

This week I haven't had hardly any time to play, though...what a horrible week.[/quote]

hehe, I have that same civ-hopping-problem, although this time I'm really trying hard to stick with my aztecs (plus iro and spain a tiny bit)

been working on the house a lot and hardly had time for some serious games.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

I've actually got Germany and Britain on the brain at the moment, though I suspect they will be passing fancies since I tend to give up on weaker civs after a while...but they are pretty fun to play, especially Germany. I like being able to go for xbows in colonial like I do with France but actually have some more flavorful and unique units, which is what makes me lose interest in France quickly.

Frustrating thing is I can't help feeling like if I had the time to play frequently (been very busy the last few days) and if I could focus on one damn civ, no matter what civ it was, I might actually be able to rise a few PR at least! But I can't seem to get that focus or the time. Oh well, I'm working on it.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

I'm sorry to bump a thread that's almost two months old, but I'd love to see some Russian expert replays...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Yeah, I'm up for requests too.

I can't play russia :( It's based too much in macro instead of micro for me.