Round 5: Sporting_lisbon (Japan) vs I__CHAOS__I (Dutch)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Round 5: Sporting_lisbon (Japan) vs I__CHAOS__I (Dutch)

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Yes, it would have worked :\
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

That was a very interesting game 2 watch.

I disagree with all who say that flaming arrows was a wrong counter. The best thing Sporting could of done vs MASS lightinfantry was siege. The problem was that 50 skirms and 20 highlanders vs 6 flaming arrows aint gonna do very much cos his highlanders ran into melee mode vs the siege units which had 10 yumis 2 "cover" them.

Chaos played a very good game indeed, mayB a little more agressiveness on the water would have been good. He cshipped frigates and flutes which stood still 4 quite some time (2 much other stuff going on, I realize that). Also Chaos would have finished the game A LOT QUICKER had he added some falcs into his army. At the 19min mark the lack of siege power in his army forced him back out of Sportings base (which was had no more army left) cos the few highlanders left standing couldnt take shrines and wonders down quick enough!

One last thing, I truly believe that halb/ flac combo pwns skirm/highlander combo.

Somehow this tourny has suddenly become a lot more interesting altogether.

( ) LJ 7
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

GG.
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

What I was thinking is that depending on what Sporting had at his monastery, he could have tried countering Chaos's mercs with some of his own. He did own water, after all, and had a ton of gold left over when he finally resigned. He could have tried walling up some more also to allow his Yumis / Flaming Arrows to better pick of the highlanders.

But really this is a very tough matchup.
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

he would have had exactly the same mercs in his monastery as me in his saloon. His early eco was actually very strong so he would have won I think
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Nice job Chaos!