Iro ff vs otto rush (lieutenant colonel)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Tyler
Conscript
Conscript

Iro ff vs otto rush (lieutenant colonel)

Post by Tyler »

Yeah this game was on Sibiria.
He crushed me last game , where I did a cav aenna mix against abus jan. This Game I thought I go an ff and then cav with skirms.
He did an jan abus mix again.
It was pretty often a back and forth, but in the end I could claim the victory.  :)
I think it was pretty nooby of him in the end to not resign and he didnt gg out, he did an dc, thats probably the reason why he is a lieutenant colonel.
Could you give me some advise where I did mistakes and what I could do better next time please :)
I appreciate every kind of help.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Iro ff vs otto rush (lieutenant colonel)

Post by MasterDragoon »

I'll watch it and see, not really an iro expert tho so idk if I can help

Edit: Just watched it, was a really nice FF. I would have went extra vill instead of waiting around for a while to age with just 15 since you didnt have the resources. Nice raids. I think the micro on the first fight kinda killed you since you lost all your cav quickly, maybe you should have split them into two groups. I might have added another military card to your deck in age 3, either 6 FP or the tomas, since you had a shipment waiting for a really long time and the extra military might have helped. Last five minutes of this game were pointless lol
Last edited by MasterDragoon on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

I will review this one today too. Keep the recs coming!
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Ok here we go:

When you're going to build a tp, always make it as soon as possible so that you can get the first travois and get the 3 vill card up to 40 secs earlier.

6 Kanyas vs 5 Cuirs: I'm a bit old school so I'd go for the cuirs although the kanyas are also a good option since they're faster and will be more helpful at raiding. Vs abus cuirs also have less ranged resist so they suffer less from abus dealing siege damage in comparison to kanyas.

Kind of a lucky strike when you went 6 kanyas + 5 cuirs because he had so many jans that he would be able to pull it, thankfully he fell back.

Nice walling!

It was a bit of a risky maneuver to put the fp's to face hus + melee jans but it worked out well with the cav tanking a lot of ranged damage.

Try to protect your chief a bit more, its aura is really important and it is 100 xp that you give away every time he dies.

When you have running villagers and there's a fight coming, build a firepit and get them all dancing. That 20%+ attack will make a big difference.

Nice constant vill production.

gg!

Since he was mixing 50/50 jan abus, sometimes even more jan than abus you could have made a bit more fp's since they outrange abus and beat his army per cost.
Tyler
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Tyler »

Thanks alot for your advise :)
I try to keep on practicing, and yeah idk why but i always forget the warchief during the fight and then - boom - he is suddenly down :D
In the first fight I was really kinda lucky that he pulled back, otherwise I would have had a big problem.