Dutch vs Brits on Texas (Vanilla)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Dutch vs Brits on Texas (Vanilla)

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Very very clumsy, but damn brits are such a nice civ counter to dutch. The brit tries to go for a rush with a forward base but gets scouted, musk/hus however proves to be a tough opponent and forces me to go all the way back to the tc and sit there. But what happens next?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Dutch vs Brits on Texas (Vanilla)

Post by MasterDragoon »

Hmm I always thought dutch was the best counter to brits, but i'll watch and see what happened lol
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by MasterDragoon »

This was such a weird dutch BO :P Really slow age time since you aged with 17 vills instead of doing the 15 vil age up with 10/9 wood 5/6 food to get a bank up while aging. I think if you aged up early you could have sent 700 wood first and built 2 more banks fast since you dont need to build a rax on texas and FF. Your market was reaaaaaaaaaaaallly late haha. Also you dont really need 3 TCs since only 50 vills. But gg, even thought it was the weirdest dutch BO i have ever seen lol
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Dutch on Texas is so nice, I'd say they're the best civ on that map.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

So you can make banks in age 1, that's good to know :D

Well the tc's were more because of map control and cm than to train vills, I was running out of resources around my base and those gold mines were a good addition.
MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by MasterDragoon »

Lol yea the gold mines were at a bad location, but if you had your banks ready fast you could have gave you a lot of gold so you should just be putting like 5 or 6 vills on gold if you want constant production with 3 banks. You dont have to put that many vills on mines then
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

In the case of Dutch it'd prolly be better to make a tower rather than an additional TC... at least make an additional tower over a 3rd TC imo.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Of course, but here I had cm so extra tc damage and colonial milita as a red button is always good.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Sporting_Lisbon wrote: Of course, but here I had cm so extra tc damage and colonial milita as a red button is always good.
o ye then I agree :-)