Brits vs. Otto

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Booker Tos
Conscript
Conscript

Brits vs. Otto

Post by Booker Tos »

Can anyone help me with a strategy with brits against janissaries-abus guns fast fortress? In one game, i used a musk-lbow rush and they had 7 outposts up around their town center, houses, barracks and artillery foundry. my rush army was demolished by the outposts just as he began to build an army of his own.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Brits vs. Otto

Post by generalbuschmann »

try hussar + musk/lbow vs abus guns. you cant rely on infantry only.
if you see him building 7 outposts, just stay back and boom till 200/200. he is investing so much in those, that you as a brit can just boom hard, there is nothing the otto can even do against you if he gets as many outposts early. just boom and the otto will fall behind very very fast...
if he does stupid things like 7 outposts you should be really happy, because he will be really weak
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

I see it as something else.

7 outposts means he sent an outpost card.  Check his deck and if you see that and not military you should go faster for military plus ship a military card.  I agree with the musk / hussar combo though.  Huss first so you can raid and keep him in the TC and get the outposts that pop up.

An FF should be overwhelmed with military at their TC by the 8-9 minute mark.

Type GG
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

if it happens again, make your mannors around his town for LOS + map control. As he spent to much wood on outpost and built them all , he can no longer have safe hunts and mines.  Just wait till your eco to double his around the 10-12min mark and you win easy. he will have around 25vills you should have 50 odd.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

soccer, i wouldn't attack him at the 8-9min mark, that would be playing into his hands, just boom more and get more units it's highly unlikely you will get any the outposts.
i'd also take a villager and shoot and kill all the hunts near him, so he can't gather any food without building a mill once his initial hutns run out
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

I guess I worded that wrong.  If he ff's and you rush and keep him in the TC, by 8-9 mins you should have him pinned down.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

you dont need to pin him down at his tc if he goes 7 towers, you will just lose units.
ofc raid those out of towerrange, but if he realy had 7 towers, it shouldnt be to hard to get at least a few herds to safely gather from.
the investment into 7 towers is huge though. even with all the eco upgrades ottomen cant keep up with brits, and with 7 towers he wont have any upgrades.
even if you planed to rush, brits usually send 700 wood as 2nd shipment after 3 vills, and at this point you should already see him having towers as ottomen usually age up a lot earlier than brits, and when you see like 2 towers you just change your plans and send the usual 5 vill 600 wood 4 vill after. you will have more than twice vills at the 10 minuten mark. you cant lose the game if you just sit back mass up units and steamroll him...

booker you should be scared about ottomen that play aggresively early on abusing the realy weak early game of brits :P
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I remember owning colonels and even a few brigadiers with longbows and pikes in cover mode.  Just pop them out if they ship 3 Huss etc.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

If otto goes for a standard towerless ff i think otto can easily own a british rush... They are just too darn fast (+ abus own pretty much anything lol )... I think non committal pressure is better than an all out rush. Just try to raid him a bit with a musk force, siege some buildings get some vill kills while you're setting up a nice eco and starting to mix in hussars and longbow.

Normally if otto goes.for jan abus colonial I tend to start longbow, mix in a batch of.pikes and then ship 700 coin to get a longbow huss combo going. Cant recall if I ship 700 coin second or third in colonial though. Hardest part is holding off the 7-9 minute jan abus push were otto simply has an overwhelming army. If you manage to win enough time and minimize your losses effectively youll be in a great shape though
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.