combo , rite counter combo , pro advice needed

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

anksssss
Conscript
Conscript

combo , rite counter combo , pro advice needed

Post by anksssss »

I need some pro advice about macro stuff during fighting ,v all know counter system , after counter system
there are many army combos for pushing n defending in both late sup n treaty , n many possible combos to counter it , what will b best , like if someone is pushing with musk+husser+2folconet+2mortors+2culverin , what will b best to defend , dragoon+musk + culverin , or musk+husser++folconet+culverin or dragoon+ski+culverin , with what civ what is best , what if  v r behind wall or there is no wall , if a france is pushing with hab+gend+folc , thn what will b best defend dragoon + musk+artilary or musk+ski+artilary
how to beak a draoon+cassador+organ defend , or how to defend dragoon +casador+few organ+few husser push, what combo is best n at what condition with minimun casualty n cost effectiveness, i think choosing rite counter combo is the difference between a ok player n a pro player , any basics for it other thn counter system , u can add ur own combo n there counter , n can add ur tips , concepts plzzz
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: combo , rite counter combo , pro advice needed

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

You write like Saramago.

>musk hus artillery

You beat this with skirms goons and your own artillery.

>hab+gend+folc

France will never push with halberdiers.  Most times you will just face a gendarme spam that you can only beat with either a lot of dragoons or with musketeers.

>dragoon+caçador+organ or with a few hus.

Organs suck vs falconets. Period. So you need your own falcs. You will need skirmishers to beat the dragoons and if possible add in some cavalry.

I faced this the other day on quicksearch and was iro. I used aenna with lots of kanyas to break the combo.

You're giving too much importance to late game combos instead of focusing in build orders and early game decisions which, in fact, make the "pro" player shine vs the "casual" player that just doesn't know what he's doing. Actually, it's only in lategame that weak players have the chance to outplay better players because factors like microing and decision making are minimal.