Honorary Leader

Round 2 NEO_CrAz3n vs Comadevil

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Round #2
NEO_CrAz3n vs Comadevil
Dutch vs French
Map: ??
Winner: NEO_CrAz3n

I expected a double rax Xbow spam and was right. I decided from the start to do a 3 bank FF. Once he realized I was FF he tried to get my TC with pikes/Xbow over and over again. I defended at first with mm and TC fire. He hit me hard but I was able to make a few skirms and hold him off and get to age 3 around 8 minutes and repair my TC.

I raided a bit with a few hussars and held him off again at home with skirms, Ruyters and a few halbs. I repaired my TC again (He almost got it down). He raided with hussars and we fought back and forth for a while. Once I got a decent army of Ruyters, skirm and halbs I hit him at home, getting a few vills and then attacked at his double rax just as xbow came out.

I again had no sound but no bad lag and the monitor stayed lit. I checked all my settings before game and my earphone plugs. I don't understand why I have no sound.

GG Coma
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Comadevil
Administrator
Administrator
AOE3 Nickname: Comadevil

Re: Round 2 NEO_CrAz3n vs Comadevil

Post by Comadevil »

Well i am defnintely playing too long Japan. Just read short before the game how to make this xbow spam because i forgot how to play it. the last time i played french is long ago.
I asked myself why the heck the explorer cannot build the house, how to get treasures with this explorer and after clicking on a villager: where is the age up icon??? in 2nd age i forgot to build villagers used all resources for spamming xbows. Forgot about that hunting vills can get idle since japanese have their gardens so i couldn't build units for some time and very bad micro during fights at the TC. And i made the mistake that i didn't kill barracks and houses first

Well after all i am a lousy 1v1 player (around 20 1v1 games in TAD, most of them vs. 36drew and some vs. Chaos and KK)

well GG Crazen
KingKaramazov
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by KingKaramazov »

3 bank ff? why not 4?
"Why are some people all grasshopper fiddlings, scrappings, all antennae shivering, one big ganglion eternally knotting, slip-knotting, square-knotting themselves? They stoke a furnace all their lives, sweat their lips, shine their ey
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

I just wasn't able to get the fourth up with the attacks in Colonial. I dropped the fourth soon into Fortress.
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Very well played craz. You just about held him off with those waves of attacks. Great job there! the only thing I could possibly say is I would have liked to see you repair your TC once you had beaten off that initial surge, HP was down to 1092.

Apart form that you didn't really do much wrong, you handled it really well. GG guys! :)
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Thanks Strokey. I repaired it once or it would have been taken down. I repaired it when I got him attacking my units and got it back to full strength. I clicked it a second time as well but for some reason (I had enough resources) it didn't repair. It may have been my comp lag. Sometimes I click or set waypoints even and the units don't do what I want.

My biggest problem was a few times I wasn't making vills and had plenty of gold. Macro problem there.

That's the first time I ever FF'd with Dutch. I always fought in Colonial with them. I knew I had to do something different.

If I had used the fast age up poli I would have been there earlier but I wanted the five halbs. I knew I'd need them. Dang they are good vs Xbow if you can catch them.