Shizle Brit vs AOE Otto

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Shizle

Shizle Brit vs AOE Otto

Post by Shizle »

any tips would be welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Shizle Brit vs AOE Otto

Post by Soccerman771 »

Without watching....don't play brits vs otto.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

You can't get tips like that anywhere else in the world, I'll tell ya.
_WaRRioR_
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by _WaRRioR_ »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]Without watching....don't play brits vs otto.[/quote]
brits have good chances vs otto I would say...only otto REVO can be a difficulty
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

I agree warrior. I felt like I had a chance in this game, but I let it slip away because I made a few bad decisions. For instance, I walled off in the direction I thought he was going to rush, but he knew I saw his villies and sent two more to another spot. I should have known that. Also, I probably should have sent MM to kill those two villies I saw in the first place. Etc., etc. This is why he's a Major and I'm a 1st. lt.

Was fun to play anyway :)
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Hmm It says invaled rec to me, anyone else getting this problem :( ?
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

It's the extra period. Need to delete it...
Zutazuta
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zutazuta »

A few things:

1. Hearding was poor. That hunt bison hunt needs to be right under your TC in order for you to have a chance.

2. Make Lbow/Huss, not muskets. Especially early, lbow/huss does very well against Jan/Abus. I'd start stable first asap when you age, and drop a rax with the 700w then ship 6 lbow. 5 Huss/11 lbow/mm can hold his early push a lot better then 11 musk/6 mm.

3. Don't really need to make walls that early. It's more or less a waste of wood. Good building placement and a keen eye on the mini map>walls.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Also I'd include 4 vills in your deck.

PS. Zuta your comparance of 11 musk vs 5 huss 11 longbow isn't quite correct since he then has produced a lot less units than in the 5 huss 11 longbow example. Still longbow huss is the way to go :D
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Zutazuta
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zutazuta »

No, the two unit numbers are comparable; at with the build that he did. He didn't make a military building until his 700 wood card came, meaning more or less, that he lost the whole 5 huss worth of build time. If you think of it like that, its like comparing 11 lbow to 11 muskets, which is the same units basically.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

Allthough I agree with you there, if you want to look which army composition is better you should take the optimal Build for the combo, that he only had 11 musks is another issue.
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

I appreciate the input guys. I've been playing otto mostly recently and that's what I'm used to. Think I had the deer in the headlights thing going on in this game, but more of this is what I need for sure. There's something about 1v1ing that hones your skills. thanks again. Do me a big favor and post a game so I can see how it's done :)
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

gotta agree with zuta, early macro was quite bad which make you age late, you also send 4 vills out too late to hunt the bison while you should send 1 early to shoot it near you. In transition u didnt had all vills on wood delaying market ups and first military building, rax up at 6:30 is quite late.

Though this matchup is rly hard and abus are fking lame + the tp eco on this map is rly good for otto so its rly hard to stop this push, but lbow huss or dbl rax lbow is definitely the way to go imo. Maybe lbow huss is better since u will be able to raid him a bit (annoying for him since he doesnt has much vills and no cav to stop raids)