help with countering lamers in QS

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Immortal_Warrior
Corporal
Corporal

help with countering lamers in QS

Post by Immortal_Warrior »

ok, i've been going all out 1v1 quick search, i keep getting put with ranks corp to lt colonel, however, pretty much every game, ppl lame with japan, india or iro :evil:

now, i can counter ppl below 2nd lt, however its impossible 2 escpape these lamers, i need some survivial tips, at the moment i'm using aztec, 2 counter the lame rush's these civs can do! but it sometimes just isnt enough... i want 2 use the civs i prefer, like ports or france or spain but its impossible againts iro or japan or india :( it really frustrates me sometimes...

the things i already know:
. herd well
. time mm right
. harrass
. micro+tc micro

ppl talk about this all the time, but it isnt as easy as they think, even 5 war dogs with spain cant seem 2 stop the *** sepoy 10/10 :( :(

plz help :cry:
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: help with countering lamers in QS

Post by jerom »

Well it might be nice to try to not rely on the 400 wood to build your barracks but gather 200 wood during transition to get a rax ASAP so before it can actually be own. Then get a unit shipment or something.

Just remember, if you micro good 5 Xbow can beat that first push. And people who are using Iro/India often can't do much else than 10/10 or big button rush so real micro/macro skills are rarely seen 8)
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
Saethwr

Post by Saethwr »

As France.

Vs Japs - Xbow/Pike rush or Musk Semi-ff for Cannon.

Vs India - Xbow/Pike rush or Huss Semi-ff/Musk Semi-ff .

Vs Iro - Xbow Defence, with some pike for the kanya. The iro rush isn't as effective vs france as the other civs. Just defend with xbow, CDB and call MM to trap him/her, if he/she pushes into your base.

Ports and Spain only stand a smidgeon of a chance and that's if you outplay them by a drastic amount.

Aztec isn't really a good counter civ to the big 3, seeing as india and iro beat aztec.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

[quote=""Saethwr""]As France.

Vs Iro - Xbow Defence, with some pike for the kanya. The iro rush isn't as effective vs france as the other civs. Just defend with xbow, CDB and call MM to trap him/her, if he/she pushes into your base.

Ports and Spain only stand a smidgeon of a chance and that's if you outplay them by a drastic amount.

Aztec isn't really a good counter civ to the big 3, seeing as india and iro beat aztec.[/quote]

tbh I don't see how a musk semi ff is going to work unless you mean massing musk till you can age safely.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

vs india , if on a smaller map and they go for agra , call MM and snipe those vills building agra . then send MM to his hunts and haras, get a few of his vills and its GG no matter how fast he ages. *if he 10-10*

vs iro , tricky and map dependant , ur better off playing a deck with colonial militia in it in case they do an all in rush. do a 5 hussar semi ff and spam fortress units and shipments. as spain just play lancer , hussar , and rodelero. if u cant ageup due to small map or lack of herds chances are ur done for

vs japan , well frankly if the map isnt great plains and ur not using a rush civ and ur not up against some 2nd lt then just resign. xbow are pathetic vs ashi yumi backed by daimyo and eventually naginata so just save urself some time and just quit
- Dan
Saethwr

Post by Saethwr »

[quote=""jerom""][quote=""Saethwr""]As France.

Aztec isn't really a good counter civ to the big 3, seeing as india and iro beat aztec.[/quote]

tbh I don't see how a musk semi ff is going to work unless you mean massing musk till you can age safely.[/quote]

No just the standard 15 musk semi-ff. How will it not work vs Japan?
You pressure, he is forced to ship ashi or yumi to defend shrines. which means he wont have the eco to outspam and get a decent amount of Nagi. or he ships 600 wood or 4 vils and you can take out his shrines. Age to fort after making 15 musk, build some in transition, get veteran upgrade and ship 2 falcs.
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

[quote=""Saethwr""][quote=""jerom""][quote=""Saethwr""]As France.

tbh I don't see how a musk semi ff is going to work unless you mean massing musk till you can age safely.[/quote]

No just the standard 15 musk semi-ff. How will it not work vs Japan?
You pressure, he is forced to ship ashi or yumi to defend shrines. which means he wont have the eco to outspam and get a decent amount of Nagi. or he ships 600 wood or 4 vils and you can take out his shrines. Age to fort after making 15 musk, build some in transition, get veteran upgrade and ship 2 falcs.[/quote]

Im talking about that one.
Saethwr

Post by Saethwr »

You could of pointed that out earlier ^^

In the case he plays defensively or eco orientated, a Hussar or Musk semi FF is best IMO. As xbow/pike wouldn't last long against Gurkha/Sowar. Although if he plays aggressively that's a different story and you should go xbow. Most of the time you can tell by what wonder and placement as well as age up time. Pretty sure kiljardi brought it up on Rts-sanc a while back, but yeah it's worked for me in a couple of games.

Edit: I also think it's good because you can't really push on france unless you have a larger mass earlier than them. Which india can't have if they go Economy based.
Immortal_Warrior
Corporal
Corporal

[quote=""jerom""][quote=""Saethwr""]As France.

i have won some and lost some with aztec vs iro, funny i beat a 2nd lt using aztec vs iro but lost to a ms using iro on different map :?

aztec seem 2 counter japan decently, i have no problems with lamer captains using japan(thats if i'm aztec...)

Immortal_Warrior
Corporal
Corporal

hey i had a game using ports vs a japan lamer in an unrated, he just spammed ashi while i did straight ff... i had organs cass and goons held off wave after wave but eventually my eco collapsed cos of out of resources... should i use land grab in that situation? i reckon i could have won if it wasnt 4 my eco cutting out... what do i do in that situation???
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Against japs I do not suggest caça goon combo, I prefer to use musks. Ashis aren't that great vs other musks.
No need for land grab, but if you feel that it helps you with the transition, you can try to use it. Check this recorded game, altho it was a sea map, I think it describes a similar situation
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Immortal_Warrior
Corporal
Corporal

thx so much for that rec! it i svery satisfying 2 watch ports or spain beat a lame civ :D
Shizle

Post by Shizle »

Nice game!
Immortal_Warrior
Corporal
Corporal

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]Against japs I do not suggest caça goon combo, I prefer to use musks. Ashis aren't that great vs other musks.
No need for land grab, but if you feel that it helps you with the transition, you can try to use it. Check this recorded game, altho it was a sea map, I think it describes a similar situation[/quote]

btw, this game IS LEGENDARY, this should be the game should win the game of the year award :wink: 2 OP players, perfect example there... thx so much, watched it like 5 times now :D
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

BTW 1 should give immortal the clan member tag