Where did I go wrong

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Where did I go wrong

Post by Soccerman771 »

Other than resigning after 1 hr 10 mins? I'd appreciate an honest good critique. This was my first game as Brits in probably 5 months. Thanks. This guy has played a lot as Dutch. It was a QS 1v1...

I was trying a new Brit strat that obviously didn't work.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
NEO_CrAz3n
Honorary Leader
Honorary Leader

Re: Where did I go wrong

Post by NEO_CrAz3n »

Well there are guys here that could critique a lot better than I. I thought it was a great game. It was fun to watch. Brits are gonna get a boost in the patch. You were facing Dutch. :cry: I thought you played a great game.

There were only three things I noticed.

1 - You went with more grens while he had falcs and a few times you lost a lot to the falcs. If your HI go melee vs 4 falcs you had better have a lot of them. I would have run the HI away.

2 - I think you may have gone to age4 a bit early and lost that one base because of it.

3 - He used his resources better on military and although you out-produced him you were too often out-gunned.

I thought you played a great game and man, what nice job recovering.

If you look at the stats (except most kills) you should have won. You ran out of gold piles too and did a pretty good job of getting some map control early. He was always low on resources because he pumped out military faster.

A lot of times on gold piles, I set waypoints so that they go to the next pile as soon as they are done. I usually do it during transitions. Actually I do it for huntables and berries if herds are thin too. Sometimes it saves you micro later on when your busy fighting. You lost those horse archers because you were probably busy elsewhere, I'm sure.

I didn't get to watch your economy much but you seemed to check for idle vills pretty well and seemed to keep them working.

GG Soccerman
"Please accept my resignation. I don't care to belong to any club that will have me as a member." -Groucho Marx

"Any strat that beats me is lame." -CrAz3n

"Quoting yourself is just as bad as speaking about yourself in the third-person." -CrAz3n
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Where did I go wrong

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""NEO_CrAz3n""]Well there are guys here that could critique a lot better than I. I thought it was a great game. It was fun to watch. Brits are gonna get a boost in the patch. You were facing Dutch. :cry: I thought you played a great game.

There were only three things I noticed.

1 - You went with more grens while he had falcs and a few times you lost a lot to the falcs. If your HI go melee vs 4 falcs you had better have a lot of them. I would have run the HI away.

2 - I think you may have gone to age4 a bit early and lost that one base because of it.

3 - He used his resources better on military and although you out-produced him you were too often out-gunned.

I thought you played a great game and man, what nice job recovering.

If you look at the stats (except most kills) you should have won. You ran out of gold piles too and did a pretty good job of getting some map control early. He was always low on resources because he pumped out military faster.

A lot of times on gold piles, I set waypoints so that they go to the next pile as soon as they are done. I usually do it during transitions. Actually I do it for huntables and berries if herds are thin too. Sometimes it saves you micro later on when your busy fighting. You lost those horse archers because you were probably busy elsewhere, I'm sure.

I didn't get to watch your economy much but you seemed to check for idle vills pretty well and seemed to keep them working.

GG Soccerman[/quote]

Thanks for the constructive feedback. I really appreciate it. I felt all game that I could have / should have beaten him. I saw it go Brit v. Dutch and was hoping for a water map. Would have been equal footing there and I know I would have beat him then.

The bold part for some reason I didn't think about this before. I usually waypoint a lot of things, and for some reason I've never thought about this.

I hate idle vils. Kills me.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th