Need some tips for my russian

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Jack85
Private
Private

Need some tips for my russian

Post by Jack85 »

hi guys i decided to focus on my russian those last days. so this is my game agaist a french 1st lieut

Edit: i need tips against British cause i'm always in trouble with their start cav nad then lbs behind walls
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Need some tips for my russian

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

le français!
i'm gonna watch and tell you man

i assume it's on the RE patch
Lord_Sami
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Lord_Sami »

So.. I had a quick look on the rec. Your enemy suxed :D You could've finished the game much earlier. You knew where his hunt was, and if you strike it hard he is finished. He had 15 pike and you had strel + around 20 cossack. Maybe you didnt want to risk losing many coss ...

Early game: You herded, 1 vill on each food crate, good. Only flaw that many people do when they hunt, they simply have too many vills on a single bison. Avoid that, check the bison's food situation and move vills to the closest other bison. If you don't do it you can have 8-9 vills idle for 5+ sec. Just minimize idle time ;D

About fortress age: You should've shipped 2 falc asap, and hit his hunts. 2 falc with anything as a meatshield wins pikes. And even if he had other units, he would stand no chance.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i agree with sami, you had solid play, towards the end you didn't keep vill production constant and were too "shy" just push out his 100 %pike army wouldn't be able to do anything vs your dudes. the cossacks could raid while your other units attack the pikes