Group 2: etrips vs Chaos

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Group 2: etrips vs Chaos

Post by etrips888 »

Some really close fought games here..GGs Chaos!

Game 1:
My Japan vs his Germans
Its my pick of map, and I go with Sporting's favorite..Sonora! I scout out his base, and spot his move for an FF so I try to pressure with ashis early. I feel I should have just boomed as I wasn't able to do much against him, especially once those 6 skirms came out. I fall back and look to mass as fast as I can while getting some nagis. I'm able to do well against his first push, but soon his cards start to mass up and I can't keep up.

Game 2:
Intense Otto Mirror!
It's Chaos' pick for the map and goes with the interesting choice of Northern Lakes (quite a good map imo). We go for different strategies. I go for TPs and abus/huss while Chaos goes for early vills + market ups with jan/huss. My abus comes out first, and I almost manage to take out his vill before he gets his stable up. Soon we both are spamming units and we have some pretty close battles. I have to retreat multiple times, and I thought I was done for many times.
After a bit of time I finally manage to get a good mass of huss + 5 jans to protect my abus, and finally break his army. I destroy his FB and start for his base. He manages to age, but my mass is a bit too big at that point.
One of my favorite games I've played for a while.

Game 3:
My ports vs his Brits
We end up getting Yukon as the map this time. We both seem to have the same idea in mind, and both look to musket spam. I build up along my second TC, but before I know it, Chaos had muskets attacking my vills while my army sits idly by! I push him back and try to keep a bit of pressure on him, but he forces me back again. We both mass up a bit, and Chaos starts mixing in some grens. He pushes on base forward base, and after calling some MM, I finally manage to gain an upper hand.

Great games Chaos. Really enjoyed playing these games!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Group 2: etrips vs Chaos

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Gentlemen at the group stage it's a home game and an away game, not a BO3 ^^
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

8O really? I had no idea..
Just reread the rules and I think i was just confused because it never really says the format of the Group Stage. Just says the format of the tournament is BO3 and top two move onto BO3 KO round. But that could just be me..

Anyway in that case I guess it was 1-1 :)
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

lol, learn something new every day :)

gg's etrips, well done
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Actually you are correct. We discussed it in the officer forums and all but I forgot to clearly write it on the rules! We'll stick with the 2-1 score, if in the end it messes up with other player positions we'll work around it.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

with GeneralMichael i had a 2-1 as well
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle