Jap vs Brit

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

the_number_23
Conscript
Conscript

Re: Jap vs Brit

Post by the_number_23 »

hmm i guess i could try camping with yumi, that will get me to 10 mins easy, its just that by then brit boom has kjicked in.. but my army can get relly lame by then.
Zutazuta
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Japanese vs Brit

Post by Zutazuta »

It's actually one of Japs hardest MUs on the FP.

Brit can do pretty much everything that Japan can just a little better. You always need to find a weakness of your opponent and exploit it or find something that gives you an advantage and abuse it.

I've had this chat with etrips plenty of times and so now I share it here.

When you approach the MU, the civs have more or less the same boosts:

1. Extra eco from houses
2. Strong Musket boosts

The differences in the civs are that with each 5 unit batch Japan gets out, he has a slight advantage as 5 ashi beat 5 musket. Japan's houses gather resources even under pressure, British's don't. These are the two things that you need abuse as a Japan player to stand a chance. If you don't do it, you'll probably lose.

So how do you make the most of your advantages?

The best thing you can do is try to apply pressure early and often and make his civ bonus inferior to yours. Remember 5 ashi vs 5 muskets, you have the upper hand. Try to keep it like that. If you back off too long or too often, he will pull together a mass, and then his advantages soon lead to your disadvantages (i.e. he is able to go for your shrines, etc). Keep pressure on him with a BO of 2 vil 5 ashi 5 ashi, and then reboom a bit after that with 4 vil 4 vil. Keep him on constant pressure and play to your civ strengths and do the best you can. Like I said, hard MU, but not impossible.
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Jap vs Brit

Post by etrips888 »

Here is a recent Jap vs Brit rec I had vs MasterDragoon that you can check out. Don't get the earliest pressure I want, but it is a win over Brits.

etrips(jap) vs MasterDragoon(brits)
Lord_Sami
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Lord_Sami »

I don't think you should camp , because brit can benefit from the slow start more. They houseboom and have los everywhere, and after those longbows gain serious numbers, they do very well vs ashi.

Japan should start off with yumi, probably with consulate club support. 600w is an ideal 2nd card. No need to do sick shrineboom asap though. Explore what enemy is doing, because brit can work in several ways. Either they A) go aggressive 2 rax longbow pike spam, or B) boomy musk huss or longbow/huss. You should show enemy that you have yumi, enemy often starts to pump out cav. I once encountered aggressive 2rax longbow/pike rush by brit, i camped with yumi, shipped some quite early, took that consulate military rickshaw and built a stable. If you can get a couple dosens of yumi and 10-15 naginata, brits have a hard time.

When you have shrines up and sent 4 vills card once or twice, you can easily make 9-10 ashis per batch (2 rax) If enemy has continued to make hussar, he's about to lose.

Don't know how relevant this is, but i played some games with Tjahzi. MUs came from random civ gen, and one was my japs vs his brits.

http://agecommunity.com/stats/GameStats ... =ZS_Custom game stats

Because of 300w start i made consulate early, and also took the 3 fishing boat tech from portuguese ally. Therefore i couldn't get clubs fast. He did obvious musket hussar (I explored well) and forced him to spam hussar. I underestimated his numbers and almost lost the game cos of that. later, in a big fight ashi could kill hussars nicely. He had too few inf helping, and thus lost the game.

A long post, and after writing all this i remembered that i still have an old rec of me vsing a brigadier (my jap his brit) I was like 5 pr lower back then, maybe some stuff to improve in the rec. I didn't even know that you can have a wider view in zoom -.- Dunno how relevant the rec actually is, maybe you can see how to outplay an opponent properly ;D

it's RE patch btw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Lord_Sami on Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

on fp, aggressive double rax british musk start puts japan in trouble, they cant defend a rush and boom at the same time, while brits can spam units and boom. If japan goes for unit spam to counter the rush they get too far behind in eco if japan booms the rush becomes to succesfull
Lord_Sami
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Lord_Sami »

A fast yumi/club start will definetly work. It's only about how much you can cause confusion and damage with it. If you can micro musk properly out, and then kill some huss, having a tremendous military advantage, you have to use it. Cruise around with yumi raiding, while clubs nearby can siege raxes down.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

hahaha love aoe!
tjahzi losing to you sami and he beat the demon in a fp 1.0 tourney and was 3rd in wcg

just lol
Lord_Sami
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Lord_Sami »

Hey he's just rusty. After a couple of weeks i have no chance :D
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i know but still :-P

i also owned somebody in a 1v1 (mirror game) who nearly won vs kiljardi in a 50min game a few hours later
Immortal_Warrior
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Immortal_Warrior »

japan is so lame on RE patch,but i know since i played with u on FP,i know u aren't a RE japan lamer :) (which is good), brits do have the advantage on fp but i think japan still has a chance like they sstill have that OP spam, ashi still pretty much the same and u get those daiymo things xD like on the fp a month ago i played with this guy who used japan in unrated, we fought in colonial for 20 mins constantly back and forth, he was japan and i was brits, and let me say it was so hard, i had 2 actually had 2 age because his units were so unbelievable tough(i cant believe they still r that strong on fp) but once in age 3 i got the advatage because goons>naginata easily and i got tonnes of cannons eventually managed 2 outmicro... in short japan is still somewhat OP on FP, ashi dont seem 2 be nerfed much at all and yumi r still beasts :(