Japs vs Germans, pr 32 vs pr 34

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Japs vs Germans, pr 32 vs pr 34

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Ok so this one I lost. Still, it was a very good game and I think many would like to see those annoying japs getting beaten by germans :O (eg Nav) I sucked in the final minutes and this guy was good.

Enjoy
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Japs vs Germans, pr 32 vs pr 34

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I think you played better in the other games. You had more idles, forgot to queue vils more often etc... small things but they probably have much more impact on this level of play.
Your opponent made good use of merc shipments, those black riders pwned your naginata's hard :(

About the strat: I don't know if it's really good to make yumi's vs Germany, pure musks is usually the best way to go.
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

Japan v Germany is an interesting match up. The units are similar in that samurai are like doppels, yumi like xbows and naginata are like uhlans. The only advantage Japan therefore has in age 2 is muskets as Germany can't match this, but can beat them in xbow and uhlan creation.

In age 3 the races differ due to cannons, mercs but the damage is often already done by then. Go ashigaru rush, followed up by Yumi/samurai shipments. I would consider the extra xp wonder as well as try to keep Germany of the TPs to make a big difference in shipment rates. Easy in theory I know!
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Just a couple of observations from watching the game.

I thought you could have done more to go Naginata's earlier in the game to keep his vils off gold. Germ's as you know is a pretty heavy gold-dependent civ, and the merc cards in his deck were probably a good indication of the direction he was going. Nagi's would have helped vs the x-bows as well.

I would agree w/ruminator on the yumi. Maybe I'm just biased, but I think yumi absolutely stink. I do think you should (could?) have put a lot more pressure on him than you did. He had 2-3 batches of unprotected vilagers in areas that were un-scouted by you.

I thought the game was over as soon as he got to age three. Palatine housing and merc cards were enough to put him over the edge.

Just my thoughts on watching the game. It's always easier to critique when you see what the other guy is doing at the same time the game is going on and you really don't know what he is doing. That being said, you out-rank me by at least 12 pr, so take it for what it's worth... :)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

No problem, critiques are welcome ;)

Yes, I feel that had I gone full ashis and applied more pressure I would have won :\