Conservative Tactics out, New Ways in?

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Conservative Tactics out, New Ways in?

Post by cleeduz »

With the recent FP nerf on the Iros, namely the "Conservative Tactics" card, does "New Ways" once again fill one of your valuable Age2 slots?

I know Sporting recently brought up some good points about "Native Lore", being added, but what about New Ways? The CIR and other ups are nice, but come at the cost of a card and resources.

Any thoughts?
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Conservative Tactics out, New Ways in?

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

conservative tactivs definitely got nerfed a ton, now it's boosting kanyas (and mantlets/rams) instead of tomma aenna (&mantlet).
for me it does fill the slot, but just do this handy trick:
make one deck with conservative and another one with new ways which enables the euro arsenal ups in longhouses.

that way you can chose every time which of them you wanna use and on top of that you learn when you need which of them ;)
imo new ways isn't needed most of the time, maybe in mid fortress i would find it useful, forest prowlers and musket riders benefit the most of it

the "new" conservative tactics give a nice boost to your kanyas, +15% atk/hp which equals a fortress card :-P just your infantry got cut down off an inf upgrade card (which they still have 2 in colo and 1 in fortress)
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

its needed on FP if you plan on going kanya heavy. kanya arent exactly good vs other cav and die a bit easier vs. r.i. when you consider their lower base HP and attack compared to say hussar or uhlan. new ways is indeed best used if your army is mainly consisting of musket rider/prowler or if for some reason your stuck in age 2 and want a decent aenna HP boost option.

best advice i can think of is too make many decks , one each for a specific match up like a cav up/ship dominant deck vs. china where the FP conservative tactics can be used best
- Dan
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

No Aaryn, it gives only 15% atk which is clearly an insult. With new ways you get 15% hp for aennas and 10% hp for kanyas, as well as CIR. New CIR can be quite handy in fortress age wars. 10% hp > 15% atk, with the hp aura they have around 360 hp.

Just make a deck for RE and a deck for FP like I do, the RE deck having conserv. tactics.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""]No Aaryn, it gives only 15% atk which is clearly an insult. With new ways you get 15% hp for aennas and 10% hp for kanyas, as well as CIR. New CIR can be quite handy in fortress age wars. 10% hp > 15% atk, with the hp aura they have around 360 hp.

Just make a deck for RE and a deck for FP like I do, the RE deck having conserv. tactics.[/quote]

ye but with conservtaive tactics on FP you get that boost right away^^
with new ways you gotta research those costly techs first :-P

edit: oh so only 15 % atk on FP and NO hp boost? ok that really sux and changes my mind on this matter :o
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

I have Conservative Tactics in all my RE decks (it's just too good to pass on, imo) and I also have New Ways in my FF deck.

I have included New Ways to my FP deck, as it is mainly for team play, where it will be more likely used in my case.

Iro's just have so many Age 2 cards!!!

** I have also been messing around with a pre-age 2 Dual TP start, you can really crank out the cards with that one! lol :)
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
murdilator
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by murdilator »

I was thinking about boosting Conservative Tactics on FP 1.3.

Perhaps it could be +10% Tomahawk, Mantlet, and Kanya attack and HP, similar to the Russian "Boyars" and Indian "East India Company" cards? It might make Tomahawks a bit too good early on. Not sure. But just a thought, since Tomahawks need a little more attack/HP lategame.

Also, should the TEAM Scout Infantry card be made to give back +10% Infantry HP and +4.0 LOS?
"Feel the Might of the Sioux!" - Gall, when fighting and defeating your army at his own base.

---------------

Scenario Design Competition Participant 2009:

3v3 WildernessRoad: https://aoe3.heavengames.com/downloads/ ... ileid=2521
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

murdilator wrote: I was thinking about boosting Conservative Tactics on FP 1.3.

Perhaps it could be +10% Tomahawk, Mantlet, and Kanya attack and HP, similar to the Russian "Boyars" and Indian "East India Company" cards? It might make Tomahawks a bit too good early on. Not sure. But just a thought, since Tomahawks need a little more attack/HP lategame.

Also, should the TEAM Scout Infantry card be made to give back +10% Infantry HP and +4.0 LOS?

Same enphasis on the better late than never.

Conservative Tactics means that an Iroquois player will use Iroquois Typical Units.

Iroquois are represented by Axe-Throwing Units and Massive Shield Units named Mantlets. No one cares about Mantlets. Make them available in Age II so that Iros have the Artillery Foundry in Age II just for fun.