Looking for some constructive advice

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Looking for some constructive advice

Post by cleeduz »

I'm looking for some advice, so I thought I'd post a rec. (RE Patch)

This game is pretty typical of my current ability (or lack thereof), and I was hoping that someone could look it over and give me some tips.

I know that I made a lot of errors, and these "little things' add up, some of what I noticed after watching the rec and while playing were:

- idle/wandering vills
- poor use of rally points
- idle tc time/stopped making vills

These areas I am working on, and hope that I can clean them up with experience.

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated! ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Nature doesn't like Agra forts." - Sporting Lisbon

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Jero12345
Captain
Captain

Re: Looking for some constructive advice

Post by Jero12345 »

I will give you some tips since i started to play iro yesterday i can only give you some basic tips:

-You were having a big amount of wood and coin early on get a market up and use hunting dogs

-when you were raiding look out that your cav keep moving your guys start sieging the tc

-With your big amount of food you should get the BB up so you have some toma up because of the 3 huss card if he sended that early on your mass of aena would be screwed

-use the crackshot of the warchief

-you were having almost 3000 food and you were low on wood and coin get your guys of the farm and send them on wood and coin when your getting lower on food just put them back

For the rest you played the game out well gg 8)
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

Thanks Jero, you are right.

I got the market/hunting dogs/placer mines pretty late, then I think I kind of forgot about the other upgrades.

Also, as Drew has mentioned in VODs , I suffer from a "Set it and forget it" attitude with vills on farms... They would have been much better off, helping out gathering wood or coin.

Crackshot, I often forget also... I used it a few times in this game but not enough.

In this game my initial age up was longer and more disorganized than usual. I was expecting early Janny pressure (who wouldn't right?) so I went Aenna, with Kanya raiding (except there were no vills to be had, I think they did serve as a pretty good form of map control, though. After his initial push, I knew I would soon be facing Age3 abus. I was late getting cav out and really tried to not "commit" to anything I couldn't win while collecting to go age3 myself.

BB's.... yeah I often forget about those too. lol I guess I forget a lot! I hope that this will get better with experience.

Thanks for taking the time to watch, and comment, I appreciate it. :)

In wine there is wisdom, in beer there is freedom, in water there is bacteria. - Ben Franklin
Jero12345
Captain
Captain

Post by Jero12345 »

np
was good game to watch
its hard to think about everything I used to think to much on my military and micro that my eco sux now sometimes i concentrate too much on my eco that my militairy sux xD when i saw the game i expected early pressure etc. etc. but he didn't do it I would do the same as you did.

About the crackshot I just start playing iro and i really really really like it so i use it so often^^ It really owns^^

BB is something I like to do early on so i can lay pressure having your warhut early making sending and use bb gets you around 15 military very fast
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

I used to use the BB a lot more. I try not to use it that much anymore, I tend to think of it as a MM option. I have all but given up the suicidal BB rushes, and try to focus more on applying pressure and getting to Age3.

This game had me a bit confused, I expected him to do more than he did, I guess I got lucky!

Thanks again for checking it out! :)

frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

hey cleeduz, i'm wondering, on your view of the aoe3 game do u have all the units ur producing on the bottom left of ur screen even though ur not viewing the building they're being created at? its very helpful to keep track of whether or not ur producing vils, and then u can just T + V to keep it going :) good for spammming too
cleeduz
Honorary Officer

Post by cleeduz »

[quote=""Destructor2""]hey cleeduz, i'm wondering, on your view of the aoe3 game do u have all the units ur producing on the bottom left of ur screen even though ur not viewing the building they're being created at? its very helpful to keep track of whether or not ur producing vils, and then u can just T + V to keep it going :) good for spammming too[/quote]

Thanks for bringing that up, yes I can see them. I use Ekanta's UI, I can see what is in the queue at all times. I use simple hotkeys 1-3 for military units, and a few for rax & stable. I still click on the pic of the unit though I am thinking about switching these to hotkeys as well. Oh, and I use T+V, and attack move, ofc. I also recently switched volley/melee modes to hotkeys, but I'm still working on getting used to those.

Like Jero, said I think I mainly get focused on the fighting, and things tend to slack at home....

Jero12345
Captain
Captain

Post by Jero12345 »

[quote=""cleeduz""]I tend to think of it as a MM option. [/quote]

Yeah I always have in mind that you can use it as a MM but what i mostly do is just rush hard on the beginning so i hurt his eco hard enough because the eco of iro isn't that good then i am more holding back and try to reach III then i got 2 new BB as MM 8)