Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

36drew
Honorary Officer

Spain vs. Russia

Post by 36drew »

Spain vs Russia!
FP 1.2!

Pretty deecent game IMO. And IMO if crusi had played more recently and more on patch, it was nothing but his to win. At any rate I go for cav start followed by musk spam, then 6+6 rods and rod spam. Why rods? I thought for sure that he was going to start mixing in coss like crazy any minute but I guess I was wrong! I loose the first big fight to dual blockhouse infantry spam. I don't have many hunts. Just enough to go age iii, then age iv! Then it's chase around the map with revolt! He decides to start sieging my shipment points with opris. And in the end he gets housed, though perhaps it wouldn't have mattered!

GG!

http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?porta ... pic=136642
Jero12345
Captain
Captain

Re: Spain vs. Russia

Post by Jero12345 »

Very nice game but why you want to put in so many rods for coss sinds you make huss/musk??? if you maked a mass of musk from it you kinda have the same only the musk can fight well against his musk and rods can't
jerom
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by jerom »

I'm gonna watch it. I just hope my pc works for just one single time.

EDIT: ok my pc allowed me to watch to record. Why didn't that guys kill your last tower, or have I missed you killing this oprinchicks? Very nice game indeed.
Soccerman771 wrote:Just make sure you do keep some blood in your alcohol system, ok.
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""Jero12345""]Very nice game but why you want to put in so many rods for coss sinds you make huss/musk??? if you maked a mass of musk from it you kinda have the same only the musk can fight well against his musk and rods can't[/quote]

That mistake is what made the game so interesting. :) But you are right that it was 100% the wrong decision.
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

nice game, revolution OP!
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

[quote=""Bart331""]nice game, revolution OP![/quote]

I always find it strange when something that has been around for ages like revolution suddenly becomes OP, i have been using it for my otto since ages, nobody ever called it op then,lol
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

[quote=""luukje""][quote=""Bart331""]nice game, revolution OP![/quote]

I always find it strange when something that has been around for ages like revolution suddenly becomes OP, i have been using it for my otto since ages, nobody ever called it op then,lol[/quote]

The reason for this is that there were other imbalances that had much greater implications than revolution. Like russia's instant inf, how about instant curs? Remember that? Or 20 range goons, etc. Once those things get nerfed, things that are OP, but not as badly OP show up.
Jero12345
Captain
Captain

Post by Jero12345 »

[quote=""jerom""]Why didn't that guys kill your last tower, or have I missed you killing this oprinchicks? Very nice game indeed.[/quote]

Think because he was under attack and he tried to kill drews canons with them but failed :-P
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

luukje, many ppl still do fast revolt or try to.do it asap
just play a bit of RE patch Quicksearch and you will see it ;-)

it's not something which is sudden or ppl found out a few minutes ago :-P
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

[quote=""36drew""][quote=""luukje""][quote=""Bart331""]nice game, revolution OP![/quote]

The reason for this is that there were other imbalances that had much greater implications than revolution. Like russia's instant inf, how about instant curs? Remember that? Or 20 range goons, etc. Once those things get nerfed, things that are OP, but not as badly OP show up.[/quote][/quote]

It was even stronger then, because Ottoman still had the silk road thingie and nobody expected it. I beat a lot of higher ranked players with it then, I was pr 21-22 and even some captains fell for it.

I did revolt in the past and i am still revolting until they nerf it. Beat a better player with is this weekend and when I checked on ESo I saw he starting revolting to the next games,lol
Bart331
Major
Major

Post by Bart331 »

whats the best way to play vs revolt?

culvs + musks? and petard his homebase?
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

If your doing straight revolt any fast rush I guess.

Once they have revolted I would hid emy army and settlers as long as possible and keep on spamming unit. if you can beat his first mass, game is over.

Unless he's on the sea,lol
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Otto and spain revolts are super broken, they should have boosted colonial militia overall and make the imperial hus guard hus(gardener hus in case of otto).
Jero12345
Captain
Captain

Post by Jero12345 »

And if you do that more civ can use revolt usefull only spain and otto can use it now because of 10 imperial huss