Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

softondemand
Corporal
Corporal

StrokeyBlofeld vs SoftonDemand

Post by softondemand »

Kinda fun game.....:D
I hope you guys enjoy and please leave some advice for me and StrokeyBlofeld ;) it is on re not FP
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: StrokeyBlofeld vs SoftonDemand

Post by frenchfantom »

will watch :)

Softondemand:
1. I know you didnt have any hunts near you, but in that case u need to put those first 3 vils on berries and scout area around with ur explorer. the more ur vills run the more time u lose. Onceu foudn those deer with explorer then u can send vils.
2. Rly a matter of opinion, but imo i put 3 vils on food crate and once 1st vil is queued i put all on food except for 1 of the crate vils.
3. 7:50 after u destroy that tower, send xbows back to defend and pikes to raid, or jsut entire army to raid- its veryu dangerous letting a brit get eco going, and u had destroyed his primary defense on that side, as ur good scouting had shown u his barracks.
4. You see musks and mass pikes? keep it balanced.
5.9:19 - extra wood much? u have sea advantage, get a dock up and GO GO GO ( or another barracks, or more market upgrades, etc etc etc)
6. 10:26 do as u did before : store the xbows in ships and fire on musks with ships. its like when the french TC is under siege u keep popping cdb in and out - do the same here.
7. Ok u did that after but u couldve saved a few xbow ^^.
8.After u beat him back i was yelling at the computer : PUSH! FRUITING PUSH! u have advantage, now take out his eco! he has no pressure throughout the game, and is jsut sitting back and outbooming u.
Last edited by frenchfantom on Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
softondemand
Corporal
Corporal

Post by softondemand »

thx^^
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

CONTINUED - not done with u yet :)

9.berries? what? u need to get that dock up. lol.
10. 12:00 lol strokey :). Extra wood is good for towers too soft.
11: 13:40 so at this point not only do u have a ridiculously large amount of wood and food, but ur in way too late colonial, have stopped producing army, and still have not taken the sea or used outposts to take some map control :X
12. when u see a mass of lb and him aging to fortress, expect falcs. AKA, get some cav. fast.
13. good intercepting of his villies. once i saw queuing lancers, i knew it was gg, and i havent finsihed the watch yet. STROKEY upgrade ur guys, get some cav, get some falcs.
14. 17:21 simple micro. Strokey wants to get farther for range, soft ur gonna want to approach him.
15. Strokey :Industrial. That makes me think of something Sporting taught me. Only age if u have the advantage. u couldve used those extra ressources to outmass him and to upgrade ur guys. and uve stopped spamming units and vils. GG didnt watch end but i know its a win for soft.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Not a bad game from either side, but I think Strokey was playing around. Not his typical play.

The two decisive elements to the game - Strokey didn't upgrade his units, and soft did.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Yeah, good game from soft here. I was trying a couple of things out, not really sure where I was going here... but soft played it quite well IMO and deserved to take the game.
No normal build order, no unit upgrades, card shipments out of place, I should have played a normal build and hit him early in colonial. Plus there is not much for Brits by going with revolution. Can't remember trying revolution in 1v1, but it can be fun in team games with Brits (even more so if you send age4 manors card first).

Sorry I dashed off quick soft, that was my last game for the night and I needed to get off to do some work before bed. We'll have to get some more games in, it's about time I played some 1v1!!!

Well played buddy.
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

Will watch as soon as I am home :)
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
softondemand
Corporal
Corporal

Post by softondemand »

thx all you for watching and advice^^:D I'll make sure to get some more fun recording to watch^^in future.....:D
Jero12345
Captain
Captain

Post by Jero12345 »

i just download the game and i get a real weird error
it says the recorded game stopped playing because its out of sync. of the orignal game
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

Do you want me to upload it for you?
Last edited by DutchNvG on Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Jero12345
Captain
Captain

Post by Jero12345 »

I would love to see the game if it is not to much trouble
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

Here it is :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jero12345
Captain
Captain

Post by Jero12345 »

Thanks will see if this one will work^^
Edit:
This one does not work either :(
Then i will hope your next one will work for me softondemand
softondemand
Corporal
Corporal