Japan Mirror 4 Review Zuta + anyone interested

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Japan Mirror 4 Review Zuta + anyone interested

Post by BashUgood »

Yeah so I told zuta I would post this record..

I should of had this game but I went wrong..

At start from scouting I noticed he was going heavy wood so figured he was going Yumi and reluctantly I went early nag first.. something I never do but I remember Zuta saying sometimes it should/can be done.. and it helped this game for a short time because he switched to heavy ashi.

Strange thing you'll notice at start he scouts with one of his orchard rickshaws, while his monks are treasure hunting..
Also at one point in the game my military are engaging his but he proceeds on walking right through them.
Not to mention he had a load of villies in the middle of map yet do to my lack of map exploration and LOS I totally missed them.. that could have turned this game around.. :roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Japan Mirror 4 Review Zuta + anyone interested

Post by deadhanddan »

i tried RE 1.02 + fp 1.1a+renaming rec , each time got Invalid Error
- Dan
Zutazuta
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zutazuta »

All right, here are a few things that I noticed.

1. Port Cons Start - When you are going to go with a Port Cons start with 300 wood, you should make the consulate first, chop 6 wood and then make your shrine, instead of making a shrine and then 25 wood. It saves you about 19 wood worth of villager seconds, which will speed your age up time a few seconds. Also, remember when you do a port cons start that you can age up with 680 food (you waited until 800).

2. First card - Send one! Not sure if you just forgot or if you were planning on saving it, but you should always send a first card with Japan and in the case of a Japan mirror, it should always be Heavenly Kami.

3. Start/Transition - It seemed a bit sloopy. You kind of moved vils back and forth and didn't really look like you had a plan of action. Pick a plan and commit to it. Knowing the BOs right is part of this battle.

4. Card order - You didn't send a first card, but other than that, your card order for Japan mirror was a bit off in age 2 as well. Regardless of which patch you are playing, the best BO for a Japan mirror is always Kami/600w/4 vil/4 vil/ Yumi Attack/Diamyo/2 orchards. When it comes right down to it, this is the best BO and there isn't much room for being creative in Japan mirrors. In many other MUs, you can fiddle around a bit, but in Japan mirrors, this is basically what it needs to be or you will fall behind in both economy and military.

5. Unit Choice - Its always best to start with Yumi in a Japan mirror. Your cav caught him off guard, but once he adapted, your cav were more or less useless the rest of the game. When you start Yumi, it is also much easier to get your eco rolling.

6. Shrine booming - You were at 90 shrine pop for quite sometime and once again stalled at 130. Its a delicate balance between knowing when you should drop a shrine and when you should get units. Basically thought, you need to get to 20 as fast as possible in an efficient manner. I would say a good time to be maxed out by in a Japan Mirror is around 8-9 mins.

7. Pressure - As in any MU, the winner is usually dictated by who does a better job of pressuring. In a Japan mirror, pressure doesn't necessarily mean going right for his vils or TC, but rather taking a few shrines down, gaining the map control, keeping your eco better then his and eventually getting to a point where your Army/Eco>his and you can roll from there.

8. Orchard Spreading - I noticed that you like to put nearly all your vils on one orchard at the start, and when that one runs out, migrate them all to the other one. You should spread your villagers out evenly on your orchards so that they run out at about the same time. You also sent your orchards a bit too early, you could probably have sent them one card later and been fine. Depending on how much pressure you are under and how much time you have spend in your TC, you will usually need to ship orchards around the 13-16 minute mark.

9. Don't let cards stack - Speaks for itself, use'em!

10. Constant villager production - T+V, T+V, T+V, etc.

I'll include a rec pack for you to look at of about 10 or so Japan games that I think you may find helpful. I am pretty sure at least one of them is a Japan mirror and you should get a good sense of what I am talking about by looking at that rec.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BashUgood
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by BashUgood »

Thank you once again Zuta you've been great about helpin me...

I will make sure I have this info in front of me until it becomes encrypted in my brain cells..

I'll check out that game you posted..