1 VS 1 I and Dutchnvg

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

froggyman
N3O Member
N3O Member

1 VS 1 I and Dutchnvg

Post by froggyman »

These are two 1v1 between me and dutchnvg. Any feedback on both would be appreciated ^.^
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thunderheart
Conscript
Conscript

Re: 1 VS 1 I and Dutchnvg

Post by thunderheart »

i've just watched the silk road one through dutch's view (sorry froggy, but i like brits much more than china), gg, but there are a few things i've noticed on this game that i think could've been better:

-before dutch had built his mills his villagers were spending just way too much time doing nothing, i've seen at ~10 mins a group of 7 vills stay idle for arounds 20 secs

-even though i think it was a nice idea to get all of his initial wood from crates, dutchnvg should have put some vills on wood before 10 mins to build more manors and switch to mills more easily

-you should try to switch your eco to mills/plantations gradually. by the time froggy attacked dutch for the first time he couldn't make any reinforcements because all of his vills were gathering wood to build mills
and if froggy had known about that he could have continued his first attack and ended the game earlier

-froggy should always have some kind of anti-artillery (cav/mortars) from age3 on. on his 2nd attack, if he hadn't massed so many units dutch's cannons would have destroyed him (and froggy would've probably lost the game)

that's what i've noticed of bigger, there are other things like dutchnvg not using the hunts to the left of his base, but i didn't want to make this post any bigger. maybe i'll watch the game from froggy's view and comment it later.
Thunderheart
1st Lieutnant

No man can live without dreams
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

Thanks for responding and the tips. I'll try to do better next time. I'm sure your tips will be usefull. Hope you can watch the 2nd game aswell. It really is an intresting game aswell. Thanks again!
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Started Brits again, so i'm kinda interested in the Rec. Will watch :)
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

As Dutch NvG got some feedback. This is for Froggy.

Silk Road

- Practice your TC Micro, you wasted 10 seconds trying to do it. (I kept doing it in comp stomps to get the hang of it, no lag so you got to be quicker.)

- 4 Vils on the wonder, you should age before or just after 5 mins.

- When FF'ing build your villages strategically, place your 1st one next to your gold mine, incase your gold villies get pressured, and i sets up a nice barricade and makes it easier to play defensively. same with the wonder its just a big impassable brick, put it to the left of your gold mine and you'd have a pretty much free wall, allowing you an easy opportunity to snipe attacking units. also your 1st village could easily been sieged and thats 20 Pop and 200 wood down the drain.

- 700 wood after 700 gold, to get a war academy, consulate and village. it helps get the fortress spam on its feet so you can just focus on food and gold.

- change summer palace once in fort to pump out fortress grade units. meteor hammers/iron flails etc.

- Cover Mode Your changdaos and sit them on your arq's and artillery. they will sponge up damage, and you can pop them into normal mode when they engage cav. doing this you can just focus fire his musks.

- Going straight to industrial was a Ballsy move. but it payed off =) personally i would of thrown down a 2nd war academy and just spammed fort units 'til GG.

Good game guys, well played.

1 V 1 Carolina.

- Use a standard Brit Build Imo, shipping 6 lbows that early will rarely pay off in a mirror. stick to a 3vil, 700 wood, 5vil/4vil/600 wood as your first 4 cards in colonial and you cant really go wrong.

- I also felt you tried to do too many things this game. musk pike lbow, with an inactive stable didnt do much. I'd advise you use a standard strat like dual rax, lbow pike. Musk hussar, or lbow hussar. or even lbow musk.

Hope These Tips Help.
froggyman
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by froggyman »

Yeah they are great tips thx tubruk xD
thunderheart
Conscript
Conscript

Post by thunderheart »

just watched the Carolina one (from Froggy's POV this time, sorry Dutch ;)), good mass of units from Dutch, very well played.

About Froggy's game:
-Quite agree with Tubruk about the 6LBs shipment. I think at that moment that shipment would only be useful if you intended to rush (or put some pressure early on) or if you were expecting to be rushed, what i would say wasn't your case. Sending 700 wood would be much better at that point in the game.

-you should try to use more your market. maybe i didn't pay attention enough to the rec, but i didn't see you researching not even one single tech from the market.

-by the end of the game you had over 2k wood stockpiled. Usually, unless you are saving resources for something (like aging or merc shipments) you'll want to keep your resources as close to 0 as possible. With all that wood you could've got many more manors, docks, market upgrades, fishing boats, etc. If you are gathering more wood than you can use, you should take some vills from wood (NOT ALL) and put them to gather food/gold.

-Dunno if this tip is any useful for 1V1s (as it makes months i don't play a 1V1), but on 3V3s manors are a great way of avoiding raids. just build them all over the map and you'll have a much bigger LOS, seeing raids coming much before they actually reach your villagers
Thunderheart
1st Lieutnant

No man can live without dreams
froggyman
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by froggyman »

Yeah thanks a lot as you could probably see I kinda do not really like Brits xD

But its good feedback for next time i attempt to play them :P