DutchNvG playing

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

DutchNvG playing

Post by DutchNvG »

I recently played a British mirror against a 2nd lieutenant. I lost the game. I would like to get some tips when possible and things I could have done better.

UPDATE: I recently played against dutchnapoleon aswell. I uploaded the game and I would like to get some tips and tricks again.

Both games are played on the Robot Entertainment Patch.

Thanks in advance guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DutchNvG on Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Re: DutchNvG playing

Post by Tubruk »

I'm not much of a Brit player but here are some tips:

- Leave some vils on food during the transition, 13-14 on wood and rest on food is what i would advise, so that you can maintain vil production once you age as well as getting market ups quicker.

- iirc, tower and coin > 500 food politician.

- keep scouting his base, you cant counter what he builds if you don't know what he's making.

- get rax up as soon as you age.

- 40 pop space should suffice 'til the 700 wood shipment arrives.

- get hunting dogs as soon as you can, while the market is building have 2 vils gathering gold for the upgrade, 9 mins is too late, especially in a Brit mirror.

- you saw herding vils at 6 mins, i personally would of pressured.

- when you finally pushed on his base, you immediately went for the TC and got trapped by minute men and huss, you could of done this to him when you shipped the 9 musk card in fort, by luring his army behind your TC and having 9 musk from shipment, 5 musk from rax and 6 MM cutting him off. Learning to time them correctly instead of having your army killed, then the 5 musk then 9 musk and after all hope is lost calling minutemen.

Hope This Helped.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

tubruk sums it up nicely

in a mirror such as this , first one to get market ups and to effectively pressure will be the victor * as tubs already said*
- Dan
DutchNvG
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by DutchNvG »

Check update above.
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson