A few questions

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

A few questions

Post by frenchfantom »

Hey all, i just had a few questions about settings or strategy on TAD.
1. First off, how do i get the starting pause jsut before the beginning of the game to be longer? i find i dont have enough time to get all my vils where they need to be and my explorer out before the pause ends.
2. I watch VODS where when an army is sieging a building the building starts losing pieces. How do i get that cinematic on?
3. Dutch skirm or Musk huss?
4. How/when to effectively switch to a certain ressource. i.e. xbow/pike rush with germans, how/when to get vils on gold for uhlans/age3.
5. pattern/trick to follow when scouting
6. pattern/trick to follow when placing buildings
I'm forgetting some but ill let u know. Thanks for responses ! :P
cheesehat

Re: A few questions

Post by cheesehat »

1. Get a worse computer
2. Not sure, its one of the options in graphical settings
3. Skirm or Musk Huss? Musk Huss
4. Send 700 coin and send 3 SW over to coin
5. Your base, then middle, then other base, if 2 scouts, your base + enemy base then close on middle (or left + right then close on middle)
6. Depends on what civ
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i like the questions
#1 just be faster! :-P i find the time you get to be sufficient
#2 as cheesehat said, it's a graphic setting
#3 didn't understand the question

#4,5 and 6 cannot be answered with a simple answer, it's something you find out yourself after a while ;-)
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

oops sorry i meant goon skirm/musk huss. for #1 i see h2o's broadcast it goes soooooo slow at beginning i mean the pause is huge! it gives him all the time in the world to start positioning all his units. so i cant affect it?
wicked_assassin
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by wicked_assassin »

[quote=""Destructor2""]Hey all, i just had a few questions about settings or strategy on TAD.
1. First off, how do i get the starting pause jsut before the beginning of the game to be longer? i find i dont have enough time to get all my vils where they need to be and my explorer out before the pause ends.
2. I watch VODS where when an army is sieging a building the building starts losing pieces. How do i get that cinematic on?
3. Dutch skirm or Musk huss?
4. How/when to effectively switch to a certain ressource. i.e. xbow/pike rush with germans, how/when to get vils on gold for uhlans/age3.
5. pattern/trick to follow when scouting
6. pattern/trick to follow when placing buildings
I'm forgetting some but ill let u know. Thanks for responses ! :P[/quote]

1. cheesehat is wrong, the reason you get a starting pauze is because your oponent pc is a tad to slow when loading. This can happen because his pc acts a bid weard when starting, etc...

The not having a start pauze when your enemy has is not that much a problem in supremacy, you can easly fast click. Only in dm it can realy hurt you.

solution: defragmente your pc, and make sure their are not to many process running in the background.
cheesehat

Post by cheesehat »

I was joking when i said get a worse computer.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

Imo, get a REALLY GOOD computer then you'll load much faster than your opponent and have more time. If you get a worse computer it won't help you, it will help the opponent xD

Skirm goon against musk hussar depends on the civ imo.

If you are brit do musk hussar because their musks pwn. And they have nice hussars upgrades too.

And against spain musk hussar too I think.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

you dont even need a better computer, if u play with gendarme (u will always be faster then gendarme) :-P