French against dutch, HELP!!

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

French against dutch, HELP!!

Post by gendarme »

Help!!! Game on saguenay, both do cav start and Garja shipped 8 pikes and I couldn't raid against 8 pikes on saguenay...

Both went fortress and everytime against dutch this happens I'm bored of it, if I ship 2 cannons he will just stay back and get some cannons by his own and still win. If not he has crap of skirms and will kill me easy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: French against dutch, HELP!!

Post by frenchfantom »

ok dont semi ff vs a dutch imo. I play pretty frequently with french, and consider them my main civ, and I also have trouble with this matchup.
1. natives are your friends
2. xbow/pike rush with mainly pikes if he is ffing is also great, so you need to scout like a spy.
3. burn as many houses down as possible, and keep massing pikes/xbows. DONT STOP or you're dead lol. dont forget to add cav by ~8-9 mins
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

1 - Wth is wrong with your deck, you're not supposed to be sending 3 hus nor cav hp in these situations, get some more crates or sth to help you age and spam. Even 8 xbows could have helped vs the pikes.

2 - You needed that 2 falc ship and goons. That and minutemen and cdb fighting could have won you that fight.
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

^agreed.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

Did I have 8 xbows in that deck?
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Don't think so
adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by adeadmanrunning »

No dont go x bow pike. Skirm beat both of those with ease. Make huss and musk. If you can micro well you can win with ease. I only lost once or twice like this because my micro failed or another factor but have won 80% of the time.
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers

frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

musk/huss too slow. if the guy knows what hes doing, hell have 8 pikes burning down ur rax before u can start queuing any.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

Lol, no.

But I want to succed with hussar semi FF before I try another strat. Not going to give up xD
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

When I played dutch I always had trouble vs a double rax xbow/pike spam. because you are building banks most of the time, you are easely outnumbered and once you loose your early skirmisher they will just pressure you.

When dutch herd well and with 8pikes, semi hussar ff vs dutch is the worst thing you can do. Hit fortress, send 9 ruyter or blackrider or swiss pikes and gg.
Even mores so if they see your deck. Everybody knows the semi hussar favorite french strat.
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

[quote=""luukje""]When I played dutch I always had trouble vs a double rax xbow/pike spam. because you are building banks most of the time, you are easely outnumbered and once you loose your early skirmisher they will just pressure you.

When dutch herd well and with 8pikes, semi hussar ff vs dutch is the worst thing you can do. Hit fortress, send 9 ruyter or blackrider or swiss pikes and gg.
Even mores so if they see your deck. Everybody knows the semi hussar favorite french strat.[/quote]

Told u guys :). Thanks for clearing the subject luke
adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by adeadmanrunning »

[quote=""Destructor2""]musk/huss too slow. if the guy knows what hes doing, hell have 8 pikes burning down ur rax before u can start queuing any.[/quote]

No they wont. i age slightly before them and use a modified version of the musk huss strat discussed in the other topic. a little bit slower but still easy to pull of. start with huss and harass then make houses and a rax with 700 wood. then ship in the food. Dutch arnt as fast as iros so there is no way they can age and ship 8 pike before i have my rax or stables up. musk huss beats dutch imo.
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

xbow pike is also extremely good vs dutch, yes skirm huss beats that singlehandedly, but your spam will be 2x his, so early on it is a nice viable option, you can still add hussars later.

those huss semi ff take skill, they can even beat all out hi rushes. they are even too op but only at a high level :-)
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

What i do with germans is a xbow/ pike offensive and with the second shipment i ship 700 wood to get a stable up, 1 or 2 houses and use the wood to get pikes (for houses and banks) and add hussars. The cdbs you had on wood before move to gold obviously. Works pretty good for me.

ps: you start with only rax btw, not two. Should be doable for French, too.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

So you have hussars and cdbs with germans? xD

I get your point though, but everytime I do an xbow/pike rush against dutch, the skirmisher's range pwn me. I hate that, and they have market, banks, rax, houses in the way so even hussars can't beat those skirmishers.