Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

h0m3w0rk
N3O Member
N3O Member

Would like some advice on this please

Post by h0m3w0rk »

Nilla game

Me Brits Vs German (most of you will know who im playing please keep that in mind ha ha as I was filling my pants)

I thought I had a really good hussar start and managed to push him back to his base. There is a point where I have approx 15 musk's and should of been pushing with these and this might of cost me the game as it gave him time to rebuild his units.

Yes I had a few Idle vils but the speed of the game back and forth and at that time I had him on the back foot and wanted to push so that's where my main thought was.

Any help would be appreciated
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
See the ball going to the target and trust you're swing will send it there.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Would like some advice on this please

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

watched it, cool game man, you definitely improved since we last played couple weeks ago ;)
deleting the fishing boats was a good move, as all the fish was exhausted anyway and only few are needed for the couple whales :)

- at start, get those manors up faster
- after you started off huss and musk, i'd add in lbows with only few musks, i would have kept that for the entire game, lbows are incredibly effective vs ulans in vanilla, especially while defending.
- after you shipped 700w you didn't use it effectively all at once
- the schooner boom started a bit early but good nonetheless, as that map is always hunt screwed. in your case 3 docks would have made it easier
- pay attention to your fishing boats, most of the time they were idle or
gathering on whales. in your case you needed all of them on fish, whales also don't run out so you probably won't notice that they're gathering it all the time unlike fish
- at 10min, get the 2nd wood upgrade
- during the game your outposts could have been distributed a bit better
- lucky he didn't have the 2 caravels in his deck :-P
- you shipped riding school a bit early??
- pay attention to berry bushes, only 8 vills can gather from them at once, if more do, the game won't notify you, this is a bug, which got fixed in the fanpatch only
- then comes a big eco screw over 2000coin and no food :-P
- you realize he is in fort, you're on your way to fort, still with musk+huss whereas he got skirm/ulan. his units were upped, yours weren't yet, you made the mistake in engaging that battle, if you would have waited a bit more getting the ups, and had massed a sizeable lbow army before, that battle and probably the game could have been yours
- lots of idles in the ~25 min mark
- why did you ship textile mill first? you clearly needed refrigeration before here. also royal mint>textile mill, the effect is the same but royal mint also effects mines.
- all the game, he was much behind you in vill numbes (due to your schooner boom) but he eventually caught up to you with his 3 tc boom and even surpassed your boom
- use 10 vills on each mill
- late game while making vills, one of your tcs was idle, whereas only the other ones trained vills. did you set them to a control group?
- again, when you both were age 4, you didn't upgrade your units in the main battle, losing a big advantage here. your mass of hussars was intimidating, gj :-P
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
h0m3w0rk
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by h0m3w0rk »

Great thanks for the feed back Aaryn will work more on my issues and try and get some more recordings up. I was a bit fummbly as playing the big man lol.
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

yeah deff work on eco management, but micro skills have improved a tad. Quit playing nilla and come back to TAD, I'm running out of ppl to play :(
h0m3w0rk
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by h0m3w0rk »

Hi Destructor2,

My eco was a bit week in this game I agree but was as said before I was filling my pants playing vs. matt. Ha ha and was trying to push as I defeated his early xbow ulhan. So my mind went off my eco for a while there. I’m a noob.

We had a good game on nilla last night. Ok I got 1 OP wood treasures in the 1st game but this makes the game interesting IMO. As for the game on Patagonia I thought you over killed you’re hunts and getting that early market along with gathering the coin crate before the food really messed up you’re age time. Looking at the recording you finished aging at 5:06 mins and if you had been playing TAD I think the outcome would have been similar.

I won’t be posting the recordings unless you want them up but I would of liked some feedback as I haven’t played French as much as I should and would like some tips or pointers.

I will be on soon so you can have you’re revenge on TAD as I still don’t play well over there and do not know what I should be doing half the time. I am willing to learn if someone is willing to teach.
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by frenchfantom »

i jsut feel like vanilla treasures are real game changers, not just small bonuses ike they should be. And huge wood treasures like that are especially useful for french as u spend half as long on wood or u can get ur hous without even waiting for the 700 wood during musk huss. I would like a rematch tho, and feel free to psot the games, im always open for feedback on how to get better.

P.S. Early market is a must, no matter what strat/map. The patagonia hunts were better for u as those birds have more meat than deer, but thats just a bad map to be doing musk huss.