Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

MasterDragoon
N3O Member
N3O Member

MasterDragoon vs Setugen

Post by MasterDragoon »

Hey guys,

Im starting to play french more and more. Setugen was playing dutch. He definitely outmicroed me in this game, but I want to know whats the best way to play this match up. Tips are appreciated. thanks

this is on fp 1.1a
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
frenchfantom
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: MasterDragoon vs Setugen

Post by frenchfantom »

depends. I think xbow/pike with cav added later on is pretty good, or jsut a straight up semi FF with a skirm + cuirs/huss combo would work too.

Native rush is also a viable option for the french vs the dutch, depending on the map, as those early skirms can come in handy in raiding etc.

edit: btw no wonder u lost that guy has a ELO of 2200
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

Well, cav start is the best start for sure. The main problem here is the 8 pike shipment imo xD

You kinda got to beat 8 pikes with hussars and minutemen, or send 700 wood for a rax.

Your goal is to reach fortress age and get skirm goon falc and perhaps some cuirs.

He will get to fortress after you, if he doesn't go full colonial.
BUt beware, if you are going to go huss semi FF, don't have less hussars than him when transiting, ot else that will lose the game for you.

Since he will kill your hussars with his own, and harass your settlers and go fortress right after you.

I think that xbow/pike will lose against today's dutch, since you can't push good until you have a decent mass and by that time he'll be in fortress.

But you could try that and see what you like the most. :)
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

1 - Zoom out

2 - +1 to Gendarme. You really need tons of cav here.