bodet vs 1st lue (could an expert look at this plz)

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

bodet vs 1st lue (could an expert look at this plz)

Post by adeadmanrunning »

I go with my aztecs vs his french on yucatan. Its a qs game. He scouts my fb with bad luck on my part was hoping i could steal the treasure. he ages a little before me. i ship the puma then the mace after i scout his rax. i run in and try to cause him grief but my army isnt big enough so i pull back. he raids but by this time i am starting to go water and he ages. i push before he gets upgraged units and curs but he holds me off and kills my army i make 2 warhuts in my base and spam units while he destroys my first warhut. watch to see the outcome. a very gg

this is the right rec this time.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers

Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: bodet vs 1st lue (could an expert look at this plz)

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

lolw ould be funny if it is the wrong rec again^^
cuz this one is against a 2nd lieut.
tell me if it's right i'll take a look then (btw by tomorrow i'll post the responses to the other threads as well)
adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

i cant remember maybe it was a 2nd lue but im pretty sure he was a 1st lue at the time :)
"You can't say that civilization don't advance, however, for in every war they kill you in a new way."
Will Rogers

36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I'll take a look if I can get the chance in the next day or two. I know aztecs pretty well.
Zutazuta
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zutazuta »

I'll give a brief overview of what I saw, and what I think that you can improve upon.

1. XP Dance ASAP in Discovery. You kept it on fertility dance for about half of discovery while getting the extra XP is much better for Aztec's early game.

2. 3 villagers>3 fishing boats. The only civ where this is an exception is Japan on water. Otherwise 3 villagers is just so much better.

3. Constant villager production. One thing that many players near your level sometimes struggle with is constant villager production. Any time you have a spare second hit T+V for get another villy coming. There were a few times when you went for quite some time with no villager training. This is a crucial step to growing as a player.

4. Market! You need one. Get the upgrades as well. This along with #3 are the 2 biggest things in my mind that separate captains and 1st/2nd lts.

5. Eco balance. Your economy was a bit out of wack at several times during the game. Around 7 minutes or so you had something like 700 food and 50 wood, as well as being housed (which will lead into point 6). Try to get your early eco balanced by watching recs and using other peoples BOs.

6. Housing. Try not to get housed early on. It halts villager production, army production, etc. The biggest thing that gave you trouble was eco balance (#5) and lining up shipments (i.e. having both 6 puma/10 mace both waiting to be sent at the same time).

7. A quick note on your deck. I think that for Aztec (any almost any civ for this matter) you need to have 700 wood and 600 coin. 700 wood just because its such an insane card (I probably send it as my first age 2 card in like 80% of my games) and 600 coin for when you need to age. This is just an opinion of mine and ofc you are free to do as you wish with your deck. I noticed you had 3 TP travois as well as both schooner shipments in your deck. You probably wont need to boom quite that hard, you might consider removing one or the other, or having multiple decks (one for TPs, one for sea boom).

8. Don't ship 4 canoes when you did. I would only ship it as a last resort with native civs. Especially no need for it when he shows no signs of wanting to touch your water.

9. Don't use attack dance when you aren't fighting. At times you had attack dance going when you were just sitting back and massing/booming/aging. Switch it to the WP dance and grab some of them while you have the chance.

10. Pressure!!!!! I can't stress how important it is to maintain proper pressure. Especially with a civ like Aztec, where games are literally won and lost based on how well you can harass/pressure.

11. Upgrade all your units when you age. You had the resources, you just didn't do it. :P

Hope this helps a bit. Feel free to add me on ESO: Zutazuta.
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

thank u Zuta for helping out on our forums reviewing games
All the tips are great
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

i 100% agree with chaos , that is a good list of improvements , im sure everyone regardless of skill can learn from , very cool of you to take the time for a write up zuta :D

regarding the azzy firepit. a thing i like to do as them ( as all natives really ) is to place the firepit in its own control group * examples would be for me : ctrl grp 1 - TC , ctrl grp 2 - warhut/stable , ctrl grp 3 - FirePit , etc * the really great thing about doing this is split second tasking and retasking when needed and greater micro. enables you to auto macro basically and focus all your attention on the harass / contain - split second unit ques , firepit retasking ( fertility to attack dance ASAP etc ) and even TC ques for vills and town bell if being raided
- Dan
adeadmanrunning
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Thanks zuta i did notice at time i had the firepit on the attack dance. On the deck i have been fixing it and quess it didnt save or something but i think i got it fixed now. Thanks for the great tips i will surely use them.

Dan i use for my control groups 1 is li 2 is hi 3 is calv (if i have) 4 ranged calv or cannon 5 rax 6 stable 7 dock(when i have water) 8 tc (when i have more than 1) 9 extra explorer in discovery age.

I will change my hotkeys for firepit from crt+f to f.
Will Rogers