A Most Excellent Team FF

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

A Most Excellent Team FF

Post by Macabee »

I've seen it written that Aztecs have a lousy FF, and it's even worse in team games. I present his FF for 3v3's and 4v4's. It's based on a 1v1 FF I watched some time ago, then used and adapted to team play. I've used this quite a bit and it works pretty well. Here it goes (make adjustments as needed):

Age up in the usual way, 15 villagers with 1 Warpriest on xp.

Use the Messenger to Fast Age. Split villagers, about 8 on hunts. You'll need to build 1 house. Chop the 100 wood if needed. Once you have your wood, build the house and send the remaining villagers to coin. Use these villagers to gather up to 400 coin (this will take well into Colonial Age).

Keep Firepit on XP dance throughout. Upon aging to Colonial Age, new villagers go to hunts. Send 3 Warpriests. Next send 600 coin. Gather it when it arrives. About the time you're able to age or before, the next shipment is available, send team 3 villagers.

Age with the Warrior (3 Skulls). Split villagers again to gather 100 wood for 1 house and Noblehut (200 wood) and then gather 400 coin (+100 coin for the Noblehut).

By the time Fortress arrives (by 8:00) there's another shipment available. Send Team 600 coin while gathering the 500 coin mentioned above. Next shipment is 8 ERK mercs. Build a Noblehut and houses and start making ERKs and houses as needed. This is the original Team ERK FF version.

Another version is almost the same but doesn't build a Noblehut quite as soon. I call it the JERK. After sending the ERK mercs, gather resources as needed to send Jaguar Big Buttons. You'll be housed but they don't need any pop space.

Or, you could skip the ERK's and send Jaguar Big Buttons with no houses or Noblehut.

Mac
Last edited by Macabee on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: A Most Excellent Team FF

Post by deadhanddan »

i like this strat , i like it even more when im on your team :D the 3 vill team then 600 gold team is such a good and crazy eco boost. i recomend all aztec players to try this strat..heck even i'm starting to play aztecs now because of this :P
- Dan
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

aztec FF is one of my fav strats :)
I like to FF for arrow knights though
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Saven
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Saven »

What if you get rushed hard in the team game?
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i don't see this as particularly effective^^
aztecs have a nice fi, but not ff
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]i don't see this as particularly effective^^
aztecs have a nice fi, but not ff[/quote]

I can always count on your comments whenever I start a thread. I didn't realize that you and the other experts where winning so many 3v3 games with an Aztec teammate doing an FI. I've only played 30 - 40 games with this team FF and won them all so I'm not sure I can measure up to the vast experience and success you're having with an Aztec FI in team games. How many team games have you won with your team Aztec FI, exactly? What build order do you use when you FI as Aztecs in a 3v3 team game. Don't the team cards slow your FI down? Please share your strategy in this forum! I'd really like you tell me about any expert, including yourself who has use an Aztec FI in a rated team game. It would be really great if you could point me to a recording of such a game. Thanks for your help.

Mac
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

I have to agree with Mac and aztecs are my fav civ
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

hm on fp not many ppl play aztec due to them being very weak.
don't misunderstand me: a FI is of course always harder to pull of than a ff, but if the fi is pulled off right, it's gg right away.
aztec fi got lots of shipments due to the firepit, massive amount of military shipments, BBs.. the list goes on

here's a nice FI beating DAMNIT

http://rapidshare.com/files/328343435/v ... 3Yrec.html

where did you play those 30 games on? cuz i don't see you on ESO much, must have been gameranger
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

I have 2 admit that when I have an azzie player on my team that I will smile, everytime. If a water map is randomly picked and I get myself an azzy player then I will smile and chuckle, often accompanied by a smirk also.

In all fairness, Maca is a very team oriented player with regards 2 the decks he plays. In my experience Maca plays alot of team cards and every time (well most times tbh) that I become aware of his team cards, either via the message or Maca himself letting us know hes about 2 play 1, I thank him. In fact I can even accept that not being thanked by a team member could b rather frustrating 4 the azzy player since they could play so many other cards instead. Team schooners, 3 vills, resource crates, warrior priests all these things are so very valuable regardsless of when theyre sent. And another thing that makes azzies great for team games is that they dont cry "...send me all ur sheep..." or steal ur hunts 4 shrines either!

out
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]hm on fp not many ppl play aztec due to them being very weak.
don't misunderstand me: a FI is of course always harder to pull of than a ff, but if the fi is pulled off right, it's gg right away.
aztec fi got lots of shipments due to the firepit, massive amount of military shipments, BBs.. the list goes on

here's a nice FI beating DAMNIT

http://rapidshare.com/files/328343435/v ... 3Yrec.html

where did you play those 30 games on? cuz i don't see you on ESO much, must have been gameranger[/quote]

Since you don't seem to know what we're talking about, I got this to try to help you from wikipedia:

Team = "Sports & Games A group on the same side, as in a game."

I tried to make it clear to you but you're still confused about what this thread is about. This thread is about TEAM games. My last post contains the word "team" 8 times. The title of this thread also contains the word "team". And yet, you point me to a 1v1 game as if it has anything to do with TEAM games.

FI shipments have nothing to do with TEAM shipments like 9 villagers and 1800 coin delivered by 8:45 (or 12 villagers and 2400 coin in a 4v4). It doesn't seem the vs Damnit game showcases the OPness of sending these TEAM cards.

I was on last night, where were you?

Mac
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

i had no rec from a teamgame where this was used, so i posted this 1v1.
i was rather not recommending the ff idea with aztec, which is weak rather than team cards, which are good (Team 3 vills, team 5 manchus, team dog soldiers, the team military upgarde cards, etc.)
i never said teamcards are bad, the contrary is the case :-P

believe me when i say i got another kind of experience in teamgames as well as they typical 3v3 random,
i have set team mates on top of all the random games and guess what, the communication plays a way bigger role there and things work out much better. even build orders can be adapted to each teammate
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

It's a waste of time to try to reason with someone who says this FF is weak and ineffective but an Aztec FI is "nice" in team games This, even though he's unable to relate an occasion in which he's ever seen anyone ever do one.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

:/
i didn't say their FI is good, it is more fun and a FI is always harder to pull off than a ff :-P
howwever, this doesn't stop their ff from being weak
Macabee
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by Macabee »

This variant seems to have worked ;)

http://idisk.mac.com/gburgin//Public/AztecFF.jpg
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member