Dutch...

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Dutch...

Post by ckei »

This is a impossible matchup for me. I try to pressure and raze their buildings,but they just keep bouncing back!
36drew
Honorary Officer

Re: Dutch...

Post by 36drew »

What civ do you normally play? In FP, pretty much the only civs that stand up well to dutch are brits and france. Japan does well too, and germany is a bit behind but has some chance. If a port can apply enough early pressure, they also have a chance. However, I find the best counter to dutch is dutch.

Just wish I could win a dutch mirror for the life of me.

It's pretty futile for anyone else though. Iro can sometimes sneak a surprise rush in, but it can also fail hard.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

i find the best counter to dutch being china

idc what anyone says , china fort will crush any dutch player i have faught , thats including ppl pr 30+
- Dan
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

I forgot about China. The thing is, that dutch will huss semi-ff and hit age iii with a much more wiquid eco than china.

Granted China may have the early military advantge, i'm not sure I think they have an advantage. Though I haven't really played the match enough to make the statement boldly.

The China player needs to play pretty smoothly. They can't really afford to make many mistakes, whereas the dutch player kinda has an 'auto replace' army due to a strong eco.

I guess adaptation is pretty important in this matchup too.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

arquebusier chang dao hand mortars and a bit cav is far better then dutch in age3, especially vs ruyter cannon combo hand mortars are just to effective imo, dutch wont get hussars as strong as french hussars/curassier so they cant go on a mainly meele cav based army as french to abuse chinas cav weakness
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""generalbuschmann""]arquebusier chang dao hand mortars and a bit cav is far better then dutch in age3, especially vs ruyter cannon combo hand mortars are just to effective imo, dutch wont get hussars as strong as french hussars/curassier so they cant go on a mainly meele cav based army as french to abuse chinas cav weakness[/quote] thats how i feel about the match up as well.

the main two things that worries me in this match when i am china is the church stradiot and 6 hackapell card. these two merc cav types are so nasty so carefull scouting and good anti cav shippment timing as china w/ a bit of cav as a meatshiel is needed if the hackapell are in he dutch's deck , and very decent micro also.
- Dan
ckei
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by ckei »

I mostly use brits with lb/pike followed by some hussars.This kinda works for me. but I cant really go into their base without suffering big casualties.
thanster
Corporal
Corporal

Post by thanster »

i actually use dutch most of the time, and they are really op..... with thier eco they can spam all thier units pretty well, and with op pike card, and strong eco, they make a very tough opponent. instead of ffing, i normally fight in colonial, because dutch have good units imo. with hus/skirm plus 8 pikes you can really put on pressure, but 3 control groups is hard to manage. i would say agaisnt a dutch you should always ff. the dutch dont have any real siege power till age three, except for pikes, and if they go for all pikes that would be wierd..... so if you ff they for sure wont be able to knock down your tc, and in some cases your outpost also, b4 you can get some op shipments out. i have actually done A FR as spain vs a dutch, pr 29, and it worked well. if you go ports and ff forgoons, cassie, and organs ive found that the most vaible strat against dutch. dunno about 30 pr and higher, but 29 and lower normally will ff or try to boom and defend, so your ff will normally have a good chance. GL
Charge you cowards! no one lives forever! - unknown platoon sargeant, 1917
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""ckei""]I mostly use brits with lb/pike followed by some hussars.This kinda works for me. but I cant really go into their base without suffering big casualties.[/quote]

This is a decent option. Thing is, it takes a good couple minutes to get a decent-sized LB/pike force together, and by that time the Dutch are on their way to fortress with about 3 banks.

When I play Brits v. Dutch, I start out with hussars, then add in muskets while booming with wood shipments/5+4 vils. Brits can mass several more hussars than the Dutch early-game, and that can vault you over the top. And when the Dutch go hussar, they won't get their third bank for quite a while. That plays right into the Brits' strongest spot: mid-colonial. Deny him map control. Take all the hunts. If he makes it to fort, hopefully you'll have a killer econ and can just send in 700 coin to follow him right into fort.

Basically, you can't let him breathe. Bottle him in relentlessly. If he goes hussar, overwhelm his cav with your own.

Just make sure you have infantry by the time he makes fort, because sooner or later he'll dump a million ruyters on you.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
HeJurmhoanni
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by HeJurmhoanni »

I also think that china ff is the best option. I think that i have lost this MU only once and it was against caesar and I didnt play my best in that game.
You have to build ur villages near hunts so your opponent cant raid you with huss. After reaching fortress ship 11 changdao and when they arrive put constant pressure on him. Make few extra vills to gold all the time so u can ship the cav archer merc (dont remember the name) at about 14min and when they arrive you should have lots of arq and cav and those mercs. Then push hard. gg usually when this shipment arrives in this MU.