Team FF question

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Team FF question

Post by IndyBrit »

3v3 team games are my favorite games. They seem like a great opportunity for an FF, but when I do that I'm never sure which units best contribute to the cause. Anyone have any thoughts on what the best contributions are to the team when you FF?

E.g. I often FF with French, but cuirs aren't really as good in Age III. I usually end up with skirms or veteran muskets or hussars, but it doesn't really seem game-changing. It's good to surprise the other side with 10 cannons instead of two, but that's not a reliable strat where you are low on anti-cav or you are getting beat back as is sometimes likely when one of your mates goes FF.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Team FF question

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Good question. In 2v2 FF is extremely risky, but generally easier and more effective in a 3v3. Certain maps lend themselves to it better than others: Texas, Deccan and Siberia come to mind.

Here's my suggestions for best 3v3 FF possibilities:

1. Dutch : 4-bank FF for dual stable ruyters or early cannons.

2. Ports : FF for organ gun shipment + dragoon shipments/dragoon production + 4 mam shipment

3. Otto : Spahi FF or even revolt... extremely lethal if pulled off quick under little pressure

Spanish have a great 1v1 FF, but I don't find it very effective in team games. Germans have a great FF, too, but again generally more effective in 1v1. Still, veteran uhlans + 8/8 shipped can be very handy against an all-colonial enemy army.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

Ben pretty much summed it up! Nicely said.
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

^^ true, cept the 4 bank FF, which imho, isnt really a FF anymore.

out
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

india has the team 5 urumi card which is still powerful and has access to some strong ellies to fight back colonial armies

china can just shipment spam while mixing in cav banner armies or arq/dao
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
LaZy
Honorary Officer

Post by LaZy »

any civ that can make goons in age III is always a good candidate 2 ffíng. Also artillary makes a huge impact. Problem is that if u FF suddenly massing falcs can be hard 2 do. But even 2-3 at the 8 min mark is an awesome force.

out
luukje
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by luukje »

Dont forget to tell your teammates when you are FF and adjust their strategy accordingly. When they make longbows and hussar to protect your cannons, you will loose. Most 3v3 are lost due to malcommunication between teammates.
GeneralMichael
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: MDSamurai12

Post by GeneralMichael »

Well if you really want to lame, how bout a russian ff for oprichs? Then you just run arround the map harrasing the enemy eco, and they are not that expensive. Other than that, in my opinion, all of the good ffs have already been said