Which civ should I go for?

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Highlander999
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Which civ should I go for?

Post by Highlander999 »

Late game France is pretty strong. Maybe OP was the wrong word. Just very powerful
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

It all depends on your playing style and when you like to attack...

I prefer Russia, British, and Dutch. Though I'm decent with Ottos and French. When I play for fun I usually go Ports.

For some reason I can't play Spanish or Germans very good, but I'm willing to give them another go round.

Russia and Ottos are good rushing civs. French are very well balanced and have a good, strong late game (like you said).

For TWC and AD, Chinese are OP for sure. Sioux and India are both very good if you know how to play them. Japanese, Aztec, and Iro take skill to learn IMO.

It also depends on if you play 1v1 or team games and/or treaty. Good luck in finding out what works best for you!
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""djdan""]Japs are the best civ by far imo, both yumi spams and ashi spams are OP if you can use them right(at my level they are anyway). Most people think Japs go Ashi anyway, so more fool them when I go yumi lol.
They have different good things in each age.
Age 2 - Ashi can get 41 attack or something?
Age 3, good use of Daimyo means Rax in oppo base, if your attacking, fire arrows when en masse really murder, pretty cheap also.
Age 4 - Shogun(enough said), morutaru's(supped up mortars), Monks ability to use sabotage against oppo buildings causing 1500 damage then go in stealth(hide in oppos base)[/quote]

Don't forget:
Hatamoto = ownage. This can be deadly in team games where you can tribute and do the export exchange, make tons of hatamoto with 340+ siege and 240+ attack. Very deadly.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

I am bias, but for what it's worth, Brits FTW.... ;) (great in team games if you play a lot of them).
djdan
N3O Member
N3O Member
Steam: SpanktheMonkey

Post by djdan »

Did I just read this right? I may have been drinkin earlier and taking a while to post also, but did you just say that you can tribute export?
From the OP maker of the OP Sigs, Cleeduz brings maybe some of his best work yet!
Navarone_Guy
Honorary Officer

Post by Navarone_Guy »

I would never expected that from you, Strokey. :)
Groovy.
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""djdan""]Did I just read this right? I may have been drinkin earlier and taking a while to post also, but did you just say that you can tribute export?[/quote]

I may have mis-typed. You tribute coin to your partner then trade for export. That'll give you what you need for the hatamoto..sorry...
jtackel@hotmail.com

StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

[quote=""Navarone_Guy""]I would never expected that from you, Strokey. :)[/quote]

I know, I'm full of suprises! :roll:
BenS64
Colonel
Colonel

Post by BenS64 »

[quote=""StrokeyBlofeld""]I am bias, but for what it's worth, Brits FTW.... ;) (great in team games if you play a lot of them).[/quote]
yes brits rule!