iroq vs port

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Am3ricanCa3sar
Private
Private

iroq vs port

Post by Am3ricanCa3sar »

stiff rush! iroq third toughest civ for ports, IMO, after japs and india. never ending pressure.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: iroq vs port

Post by deadhanddan »

op :) will watch

edit: nicely played , that rush he did was good , but not good enuff to best you ports. gj hanging in there and repelling him. good army combo you used , nothing he could make could effectively counter it. gg wp
Last edited by deadhanddan on Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
- Dan
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Nice to see you're still at it, Caesar. I'll be sure to have a look.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Am3ricanCa3sar
Private
Private

Post by Am3ricanCa3sar »

dan, "improved buildings" + cm + micro = ftw. thanks for the comments.

kaiser, hey hey buddy!. always readin' your posts. N3O ftw. right on.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

I can't beat ports, with any civ :P

And if iros lose their main army vs CM they are pretty much doomed :P
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

this was somehow a special game.
i can imagine that the developers of the game expected peopple to play it like this

worth a watch for eveybody! robot entertainment patch

but how can you play with that camera turned around like that? i suggest not to view lock on this one^^ or switch it back via options
Am3ricanCa3sar
Private
Private

Post by Am3ricanCa3sar »

"i can imagine that the developers of the game expected people to play it like this", cool aaryn. i do suspect your right. feels that way anyways. gone through alot of different styles of playing ports, and this one suits me and them best i have found. btw, there are a few variants to this strat. vs iroq is about the most extreme way to play it. how i play it depends alot on my prediction of what it is i think he is going to do from deck. what makes iroq hard, on top of how fast and hard they can rush, is that they have a pretty good ff also. fan patch makes iroq more playable for ports, but RE patch their right on the edge of unplayable. if played right though, i do believe ports can run with iroq in RE patch, but the port player has to be a better player, micro wise.

"but how can you play with that camera turned around like that?", I have always played that way from the start. i feel i can see more, improved field of vision, and keep track of things better this way. maybe i'm wrong about that, but it's stuck with me.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Am3ricanCa3sar""]
"but how can you play with that camera turned around like that?", I have always played that way from the start. i feel i can see more, improved field of vision, and keep track of things better this way. maybe i'm wrong about that, but it's stuck with me.[/quote]

wow, you're probably the only guy on ESO playing like that ;)
i'm too used to play it the standard way, but cool man, it seems to work very well for you so keep it up :-P

actually, it amazes me how you love to play the ports that much. you played over 5000 games with them seeing this account and the other account, in unrated games. :o
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

^ Believe it, Aaryn. Caesar and I go WAAAAAY back and I can say with some confidence that he is a Port master!

QUAL E A SUA ORDEM FTW Taunt 161!!!!

Speaking of Iros on RE, fuhgeddaboutit. Almost as bad as Aztecs, imo. You just need godly defense skills, good hunts and probably some colonial militia to survive the BB, kanya and multiple aenna shipments. But if you're map-screwed, you're gone (ie, one pronghorn batch that runs the wrong way on GP ain't gonna cut it for you).
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Am3ricanCa3sar
Private
Private

Post by Am3ricanCa3sar »

kaiser my 420 man ;)

@aaryn, ya and that's only 2 of my 4 accounts. although i have played much less on the other two, no more than a 100 rated games on them both. i'm not that competative and i'm a serious smurf. the fun in this game for me is just the act of pushing hotkeys and playing relaxed, so i rarely feel like playing hard and intense. as far as lovin ports, well i'm not sure about that except i love their style, and i love that extra TC, hard to give it up.

on rotating map. starksy used to rotate his map, at one time iirc. fits my brain i guess. xoxo
Immortal_Warrior
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Immortal_Warrior »

hey nice ca3sar, as usual u r OP!
Immortal_Warrior
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Immortal_Warrior »

btw this is what ahppens when i click on the rec:

A error occured while processing this page.
Please report the following error to the owner of this website.

General Error
The selected Attachment does not exist anymore

404 File Not Found: The File admin/iroq_vs_port.age3yrec does not exist.

???i really want 2 watch it....