Russian rush strat rec's

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

gangstar403
Conscript
Conscript

Russian rush strat rec's

Post by gangstar403 »

this is the rec for me trying out my new strat on the deccan map against i think a lvl 16 sgt playin brits.i madea few mistakes in this 1 and i didnt micro the settlers properly near the end but i still won it and hopefully this will help ppl get a better idea of my strat an it is a bit jumpy where i click bout a lot :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Russian rush strat rec's

Post by deadhanddan »

howdy , i'll view and comment on ur rush tactic and what you may be missing in ur build order :)
- Dan
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

I'll watch as well.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

the only thing which is good about aging so fast are the cossack shipments to raid, but therefore u raided to less.
i think you could be as fast with everything else by using a 11 settler age up on dekkan.
also i would use musk instead of strelets because if your opponent uses cav u get a problem, u can still ship 13 strelets of course but not only strelets+ grenadier+ 9 cossack, another advantage of musk would be the cost, musks and grens cost both food and gold, u dont have to gather wood to get some houses because your units dont cost wood. (only 2 ressource types instead of three, easier to manage especially with only 8 settlers :P)

u would get owned by a civ for example like germany because of cav

edit: im right with the blockhouse, u had it at 5 minutes, u can have the blockhouse at 5 minutes with 11 settlers age up also.
the only advantage u have are the cossack for rading but therefor you get a really really bad eco. not good imo

edit2: you would have won vs him with a simple strelet rush also (to your recorded game)
gangstar403
Conscript
Conscript

Post by gangstar403 »

lol ok ill giv tht a try ty an i said i made a few mistakes that was mostly the eco side lol wiv the settlersbut ill try out the muskets instead of the strelets then but tbh i dont think a strelet rush without the gren would have worked as they were doing a lot of dmg and takin out their barracks. fast.