russian rush strat

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

gangstar403
Conscript
Conscript

russian rush strat

Post by gangstar403 »

Ive been playing russians a lot lately and have looked around the forums and havnt seen any russian strat that works the same way as mine so i decided to put it up on here .....here it goes:

first of all here are the cards you need:

700 food card,700 wood card, 4 cossacks in age 2 card,5 cossacks in age 2 card,13 strelets in age 2 card,700 gold in age 2 card might help but is not required.

The map i use this strat on is deccan and it will work on other maps wil just be a bit slower because they wont have the same wood and food start. ok get ur settlers to gather up all the crates but get the food 1st you should get bout 800-900 so as soon as you do age up and collect the rest of the crates. build a tp and a house .if you dont have enough wood try to use the explorer or cut it yourself. you should be nearly ageing up now so build more settlers to get some gold and send one settler near enemy base to build a barracks (cant remember what the russian one is called lol) as soon as you are in age 2 call in 2 cossack shipments to harras enemy civs. when you have another shipment ready get a wood shipment 700 will do and build a artilley foundry to get one of the best russian units in the game the grenadier. send of the 700 food card to help get more settlers to collect wood and gold. if you need to now would be a good time to use the 700 gold card for the grenadiers you will be making.when you have around 10 grenadiers that should be enogugh now get a 13 strelet shipment and send them with your cavalry to attack the enmey base. this should be about 8 mins into the game and from there keep spawning strelets and grenadiers as you need them. keep doing this with either more resource shipments if you need them or spending spare food on settlers abd keep making houses. around 60 pop limit should be ok.

i know this might be a bit hard to real all in 1block lol but iim kinda a noob still rly so id like to know what other people think of this and what i can do better on it.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: russian rush strat

Post by huGGy »

Sounds very interesting, but you will get own by a player who goes for Cav. The problem is, people know that Russia has weak Anticav so they will go Cav and when they dou you'll have a problem.

You need to mix in some muskets.

Welcome 2 the forums, btw.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

1. russian grenadiers suck
2. pure cav beats 10 grenadier + 13 strelets + 9 (8) cav
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

you age with with 5 villies?
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

I must say its nice to see some new creativity though =D
gangstar403
Conscript
Conscript

Post by gangstar403 »

ty for the .....interesting replies lol and yes i age wiv 5 villes but on maps that arent deccan i norm get food shipments in 1st or secon 2 make more after age
gangstar403
Conscript
Conscript

Post by gangstar403 »

ive played against france when they got cuirassier and i microed my cossacks to keep em alive and wiv the grenadiers they owned the cav but lost all my coassacks but by then id destroyed their stable and nearly their tc lol
gangstar403
Conscript
Conscript

Post by gangstar403 »

btw at bout 10mins into the deccan map i hav massed around 50 military pop alltogether and wiv some good microing like if they go anticav at start i norm keep bout 30-40 alive at the end
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Deccan gives you a very unnatural advantage as Russia.

At the lower levels, this might actually work because most people don't expect a lot of heavy siege units and they are usually slower at building units. 10 grens mixed in with Strelets and Cossacks isn't a bad combo.

Nice to see the creativity.

Care to give us a recorded game of you using this successfully?
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
gangstar403
Conscript
Conscript

Post by gangstar403 »

ive tried this strat on pr around 10-16 and ive won all of them one game i was on my own against 2 ppl and using this strat i won because after i killed the 1st enemy i massed grenadiers and more strelet as a body shield and easily killed the next person but as soccerman was saying ive not used this strat on higher lvls so im not sure if it would work then.

ill try and get a recorded game put up if i can work out how to put it in the forums^^. im not a member of any file hosting website or anything lol so it might be a bit hard but ill giv it a go later.

id rly like some more feedback on this maybe a few pros could comment bcos im only a noob at aoe3 lol so id like to test out any new ideas ppl have and ill comment on them here.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

I think it's because low levels don't send minutemen ^^

Minutemen own grenadiers.
gangstar403
Conscript
Conscript

Post by gangstar403 »

lol yup ive had that problem before but i retreat make more strelet and grenadiers maybe a few cossacks if i got the wood for a stable and i send the 9 cossacks frm shipment in when they are low on hp an i micro to mkae sure they dnt get hit by any anticav and thats worked for me so far but most ppl i fight (mostly cos their noobs^^...mostly) dont use em. or if i wanna keep attakin i retreat the grenadiers and let the 23 or so strelet take em down then send them back to finsih of the buildings.

and yes i will reply with a paragraph to every reply in case ur wonderin ^^
36drew
Honorary Officer

Post by 36drew »

It might be a fun strat and work well around your level. I wouldn't count on getting much better using it though -- it's just not pheasible on normal maps, vs normal civs, under normal conditions.
gangstar403
Conscript
Conscript

Post by gangstar403 »

i have tried this out on other maps to with low starting resources and the only difference ive found with it is that ive had to make villes before 2nd age and maybe change the priority of some of the shipments and it takes slightly longer but i beat 2 ppl on my own as i was boastin before lol and this was on the great plains map but as you said i doubt it would work as well as it is at the moment with people around pr18+
blayzer13
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by blayzer13 »

gangster there is an option when u make a post to upload a file, which was created so we can upload recorded games =)