Ports(me) vs 1st lt Japan

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Pigz
Conscript
Conscript

Ports(me) vs 1st lt Japan

Post by Pigz »

Hey, I actually switched from German to Otto, then Otto to Ports, and I dont know what its gonna be next, but I'm obviously influenced easily (curse your supreme playing Am3rican Ca3sar!!).
Anyways, here's a game vs a laming 1st lt Japan, and I wouldve thought that at 1st lt, he would know Japan is laming. But I dont know...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Ports(me) vs 1st lt Japan

Post by generalbuschmann »

wrong replay :D
its a german vs ottoman game where u get owned by a simple jani rush XD
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Well i played Japan once as well on RE patch...and lost. Only because a higher ranked player uses the civ, doesn't mean he knows how to abuse it ;).

Ports are tricky, though. They need alot of macro and micro.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Here's a logical word to the wise: On ESO, kids want to win. Winning increases PR. PR increases self-esteem. Kids like having self-esteem. Laming increases their chances of winning. Honor makes a person feel ashamed to employ lame techniques to win. But honor decreases a person's chances to win. By contrast, laming increases a person's chances to win. Kids on ESO rarely have honor. Therefore, we must conclude that most kids on ESO will lame 8)

Is my logic sound?
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Here's a logical word to the wise: On ESO, kids want to win. Winning increases PR. PR increases self-esteem. Kids like having self-esteem. Laming increases their chances of winning. Honor makes a person feel ashamed to employ lame techniques to win. But honor decreases a person's chances to win. By contrast, laming increases a person's chances to win. Kids on ESO rarely have honor. Therefore, we must conclude that most kids on ESO will lame 8)

Is my logic sound?[/quote]

i don't know, kaiser. my last opponents were nice and such, making me compliments and no flaming after losing, letting me pause games(in unrated)

think more positive kaiser :-P there are many weirdos on ESO but also a good deal of non-flaming people

is the recorded game reattached?

edit: americancaesar, i wasn't talking about japan, but about the common folks on ESO
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Am3ricanCa3sar
Private
Private

Post by Am3ricanCa3sar »

wrong. japan is lame, there is no honor in playing a lame civ, therefore all japan players have no honor. this doesn't mean they won't "nice guy" a lesser, honorable, port player. will watch
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

Whoever call Civs lame should hop onto Fanpatch :)
Pigz
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Pigz »

oops, it seems I have deleted the recording (my bad). Ill play another lame Japan and post thatone instead:D.
I used to play Japan, and my friend made a real nice rush for them, and from starting as a conscript in less than 10 games he became a 1st lt. He doesnt play anymore, but he's trying to get back online.
But that's the only way I became almost a 2nd lt, from Japan, using his strat or not, so I think I'd have to agree with Am3rican Ca3sar, Japan is lame!
btw Am3rican Ca3sar, do you think you could play some games with me and teach me a bit about ports, if it's not a secret or anything...
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

well i give you props for playing ports , not many do :D

but tbh when playing them in RE patch you are really just only handicapping yourself unless on water. try to play on maps where you can utilize water and boom with schooners

if you have access to a trade route then make very good use of it early and do a resource crate shipment spam and try to age to fort as fast as you can if not being pressuredtoo harrshly
- Dan
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

Stick with otto , even tho all their units suck on the fp they are a lot of fun.
Pigz
Conscript
Conscript

Post by Pigz »

Right now I'ms ort of juggling between them both, Ports on water, otto in 3v3s probably.