Sioux

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Sioux

Post by IndyBrit »

When I return (maybe this evening if work goes well), I'm going to the dark side and I'm going to be trying Sioux. I've played them maybe twice. So far I've been just building [the bow guys] and clubs out of warhuts to put them through their paces. However, they have so many features that I don't even know where to start practicing. Anyone have the 5 minute tutorial on what works and what doesn't with them?
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Sioux

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

just some pointers i can share:
15 vil 400 wood age up is the common way, but 5oo food can be ok for FF or bison plus hunting for team games (going more eco)
u need to use their cav to the max, the infantry is just very weak and the eco doesnt back it up well, so raid as much as possible
the pistolero shipment is much better than it looks, use it, same goes for the 3 TP wagons
fortress age offers a lot more than colo, wakinas are good and siege dance is often needed, a 3 TC boom with firepit can help you get the eco u need
Dog soldier BB can win games, use it wisely :)
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""]just some pointers i can share:
15 vil 400 wood age up is the common way, but 5oo food can be ok for FF or bison plus hunting for team games (going more eco)
u need to use their cav to the max, the infantry is just very weak and the eco doesnt back it up well, so raid as much as possible
the pistolero shipment is much better than it looks, use it, same goes for the 3 TP wagons
fortress age offers a lot more than colo, wakinas are good and siege dance is often needed, a 3 TC boom with firepit can help you get the eco u need
Dog soldier BB can win games, use it wisely :)[/quote] agreed

only use cetans if forced to

add morning star to some decks

add as many bison shipments as you can

avoid prolonged colonial fights , sioux fortress is too good to pass up
- Dan
Blackadderthe4th
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Blackadderthe4th »

Also watch out for pike rushes. Sioux TCs draw pikes like moths to a flame. At least when I play vs them they do! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Also watch out for Drew raiding you from 3 different directions if he's playing as Sioux. Oh, you weren't looking for those kind of pointers...
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
ruminator
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by ruminator »

The 500 gold pistoleros card is seriously op in age 2. Try this with some axe riders built from the stables for protection. I always take the 400 wood poli as this allows me to drop a stable and market asap and keep all villies on food/gold. However, if you go cetans and clubmen then you need to go food/wood split.

The 3 tp card in age 2 is also good - drop the tps and then shipment spam faster than the Spanish. If you have gather upgrade cards and bison you can then really start to roll but you are vulnerable then to an early attack.

Just some random thoughts ...
"Could you, would you, with a goat? Would you, could you, on a boat?" Doctor Seuss

"Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?"
George Wallace
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

the 3 tp card as sioux i feel is a neccesity. helps in gathering eco when route is teched upsuch as wood for upgrades and buildings as well as the precious xp. if playing sioux i strongly advise adding 3 tp card to most decks
( especially patagonia )
- Dan
joe4holly
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by joe4holly »

AHHHHHHHH not more sioux players !!!!

for cav:
15 vill age up with 500f and collect 200w if needed.
for ar 4 vills on gold rest on food same with br but 8 on gold. then ship the AR.

for the deck you need at least 2 hunting upgrades and bisson to send. Also the 3tp help a lot.

Sioux get boring killing alot of things in a few secs.