Brit v Iro

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

StrokeyBlofeld
Clan Leader
Clan Leader

Brit v Iro

Post by StrokeyBlofeld »

Ok guys, you all know I'm more of a team player my 1v1 is somewhat lacking, but I feel I should have won this game but let myself down a little. My resource management wasn't as good as it normaly is, and my military production was a little sow. I also think perhaps I should have dipped my vills in the water a little.

any outstanding pointers that could help me out more here? Maybe I should have added some hussar in? Or tried to age earlier?

Game is on RE patch.

EDIT: I edited title as I put Aztec... it was Iro.... (doh).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by StrokeyBlofeld on Sat Aug 08, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: Brit v Aztec

Post by deadhanddan »

hard match up for brits i think , one of the hardest , i'll watch :)

edit : your early game is solid , good age up time u had. the thing about this game that won it for the iro player was when you had the bulk of your economy garrisoned for a few minutes. for this type of opponet i would use the colonial militia card
- Dan
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Brit v Iro

Post by Soccerman771 »

Agree with Dan on your early game, but vs Iro you had far too few units at 7:00 mins and you were spread out.

Definitely go with a water deck. Iro's can't touch you on water if you survive past the 10 min mark.

Go dual rax in the beginning or rax/stable and mix in hussar. Also put them closer to your TC and tower. You're gonna need everything you can to fire at all his units early in the game. Like Dan said, against an opponent like this, CM would have been a pretty good option.

I do remember Sporting telling me one time that this is THE easiest matchup for IRO.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

^ true , i forgot about water :oops: vs. iro , if you can make it to age 3 with a stabled eco , massed goon with falc i think will be your best friend. iro's only decent anti artilery in age 3 is kanya so the only unit you need to worry over is the forest prowler - in this case keeping your explorer near your army with the addition of one or two spies located in sections around your town
- Dan
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

[quote=""Soccerman771""]Iro's can't touch you on water if you survive past the 10 min mark.[/quote]

euh I remember Sporting getting a native TP and pwning the water with Iro-canoe-spam.

U need to turtle really hard and hope he rushes you in this match-up
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I'll take a look, too. I agree that this is a very hard match, though. Iro/Aztec are really the consummate rushing civs and they can leverage those shipments/BBs to really make early life hard for hard-working Euro boomers like us :D
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

[quote=""I__CHAOS__I""][quote=""Soccerman771""]Iro's can't touch you on water if you survive past the 10 min mark.[/quote]

euh I remember Sporting getting a native TP and pwning the water with Iro-canoe-spam.

U need to turtle really hard and hope he rushes you in this match-up[/quote]

True, Iro's do have a water-dance card and can mass on Water, but a brit on water with 3 cara's on one side should be able to hold off on the water. Plus, this guy didn't have a water deck at all (3 fishing boats is all he had), and well he doesn't compare to Sporting. ;)
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Yes this matchup is very hard for brits, the brit can only make iros' life tough by outmicroing and have a lot of better eco/turtle skills.

Iro can take away from water the brit very easily, water dance is just a back up and I rarely use it. All you have to do is get 15-20 canoes at the same time by his docks so that he doesn't have time to fight back. Only water deck card the iro could use to make sea hell other than water dance is 500c for 3 privateers.