Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Re: French ftw

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""deadhanddan""][quote=""Tubruk""]ERKS Are beastly with a full firepit

39 attack x3 vs cav with a faster ROF than goons. In Imperial that is, i know as we did a 4v4 on texas that went that long. Pwning Imp Gendarmes. so i dont see how they are a crappy unit.[/quote] i wasn't referring to ERKs in fp , iwas refering to the game aaryn and i did on RE where ERKs failed and coyote did the same job only better - aaryn can vouch for that. on RE the cav standardization vs. l.i. doesnt exist , so the ERK range resist means nothing vs. uhlan/cuir and in 1v1 it is RARE when one is able to get full firepit as most games end in colonial or early fort[/quote]

why and how would coyote do an anticav job better than an ERK, they dont get a melle resist either do they? and do less damage vs cav, and erk dont have to deal with the pathing issues of Mellee combat. Not to mention there are more Upgrades for ERKs than Coyotes.

Erks are fine, its just that Gendarmes are broken on RE. and i dont know about the rest of you but imo uhlans die too fast to anticav to be even thought of as in the same league as Cuirs.
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by huGGy »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]It seems I can't watch a rec anywhere these days without seeing the French! Hussar harass/Dragoon/Skirmisher/2 falc shipment semi-FF lamage FTParisianWin! Everyone seems to be going a la francaise this summer.

I'll DL and have a look.[/quote]

I mentioned this, too. But at the moment i just enjoy playing them ::/ . French are tough to rush, because of these damn strong cdbs. I lost alot of games with Iros vs them. You just can't take them down, while they raid you. French just benefit alot from the other civs nerfs.

Aztecs got nerfed on FP and Drew had a brilliant early mass. The hunting spots cost him the game here i think (and my scout helped alot ;)). I raided so many vills and the score was even for over 20 minutes. That was awesome.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

[quote=""Tubruk""][quote=""deadhanddan""][quote=""Tubruk""]ERKS Are beastly with a full firepit

39 attack x3 vs cav with a faster ROF than goons. In Imperial that is, i know as we did a 4v4 on texas that went that long. Pwning Imp Gendarmes. so i dont see how they are a crappy unit.[/quote] i wasn't referring to ERKs in fp , iwas refering to the game aaryn and i did on RE where ERKs failed and coyote did the same job only better - aaryn can vouch for that. on RE the cav standardization vs. l.i. doesnt exist , so the ERK range resist means nothing vs. uhlan/cuir and in 1v1 it is RARE when one is able to get full firepit as most games end in colonial or early fort[/quote]

why and how would coyote do an anticav job better than an ERK, they dont get a melle resist either do they? and do less damage vs cav, and erk dont have to deal with the pathing issues of Mellee combat. Not to mention there are more Upgrades for ERKs than Coyotes.

Erks are fine, its just that Gendarmes are broken on RE. and i dont know about the rest of you but imo uhlans die too fast to anticav to be even thought of as in the same league as Cuirs.[/quote] the thing about uhlans is the swarm effect , uhlan may have low hp but that hp is at the least 2 times more the a ERK ( when carded out the yingyang)while having large unit numbers and high attack. ERK do decent damage to cav at range , but once those uhlan get within attack range those erks will die very fast. the reason why my coyote where doing better then ERK vs. aaryn's gendarmes is because my coyote had alot more hp then ERK and were lasting longer. when it comes to aztec anti cav in RE i place my faith in jag knight and puma before i would ERK just for their melee resist
- Dan
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

so 285 is atleast twice as much as 234? thats some interesting mathamatics you use care to explain?

uhlan has 285 hp and 55 attack in fortress with all cards and vet status.
ERK has 234 hp and 19 attack x 3 in fortress, with all cards no FP. with Full FP They have 27 attack x 3.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

that seems off next time i play azzy ill check that.
- Dan
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Remember that 19x3 atk with 1.5 ROF is the same as 38x3 atk with 3.0 ROF, that's huge.

Without cards they start at 15x3 atk 1.5 rof, that's 30x3 atk 3.0 rof. 1.5 rof is better since it reduces overkill which is also known as pure awesomeness.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

idk what to think now, everytime ive faced azzy as germans i have done pure uhlan spams and killed ERKs with minimal losses , i think its just the swarm effect of sorounding them and picking em off. thats why i said uhlan>ERK , if im wrong so be it just stating what i have seen thru my experience
- Dan
Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Well, 20 uhlans will own 10 erks, the erks to be effective have to pick up some uhlans from distance before they reach melee range.
gendarme
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by gendarme »

[quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""] 1.5 rof is better since it reduces overkill which is also known as pure awesomeness.[/quote]
Yes because then you don't waste a 0.5 attack xD

That's why most ppl use zambs instead of howdahs vs uhlans, since uhlans have so little hp and howdahs have much hp, howdahs will pretty much waste a 200 damage shot to kill a uhlan with 60 hp left.
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""gendarme""][quote=""Sporting_Lisbon""] 1.5 rof is better since it reduces overkill which is also known as pure awesomeness.[/quote]
Yes because then you don't waste a 0.5 attack xD

That's why most ppl use zambs instead of howdahs vs uhlans, since uhlans have so little hp and howdahs have much hp, howdahs will pretty much waste a 200 damage shot to kill a uhlan with 60 hp left.[/quote]

or because zamb's are more cost and pop effective, and howdahs have the same ROF as Zamb's IIRC

and their speed and higher muliplier helps Vs Raids not many things that can outrun and beat zamb's
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Uhlans are not in the same league as cuirs. Uhlans are best when you have an economic advantage and you can generate frightening numbers of them. In small numbers even I--the inveterate uhlan apologist and uhlanophile--will say that they are not very good. Mass is everything with uhlans. If you can't outmass your opponent, they are not much good for mainline battle purposes; of course, they are suitable for raids even in pairs. In real battles, they can pwn anything if they "swarm" another unit (whether ERKs or even dragoons), but that takes either: (1) well-developed economic superiority; or (2) a shipment spam, say in early Age 3. Uhlans can take down a few cuirs in Age 3, when the French first get access to them. But in Age 4, forget it. Too many HP, and probably a French econ that is rockin'. In a spam contest, cuirs are the quintessential OP unit in AOE 3. If you're German facing late-game French, you gots ta git some WW.

On a related note, I am seeing more and more that HP really matters early game. This is one reason the French do so well with Hussar raids, combined with their own high-HP vils with 40% RR (ie, maces get the impression that CDBs have bulletproof vests on). Hussars have a significantly high HP for the early minutes. It is very difficult to take out 5 units (or 8 with a hussar shipment) that have 320 HP each with your initial batches and shipments. Those hussars can take shots from the TC without much trouble, keep villies garrisoned and give the French the time they need to go fortress. In short, hussar HP makes all the difference here. If I do the same thing with uhlans, they are much more likely to die, whether from initial batches, TC fire or even a misclick. Hussars can survive a misclick. And once they play the cav HP card they are even tougher to beat. Have you ever seen what 15 368-HP hussars can do to early game units, muskets included?? It's pretty shocking.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)