Think I got it this time Russis Help *Crosses fingers*

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

LegoGL

Think I got it this time Russis Help *Crosses fingers*

Post by LegoGL »

15 min game Russia vs Spain
I get into his base early and he repels.
I keep cav and try to raid and build up whiel he goes to Fort
I catch up and hit him with everything in Fort.

Any hints welcome
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
LegoGL

Re: Think I got it this time Russis Help *Crosses fingers*

Post by LegoGL »

Just checked this one works :D
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by deadhanddan »

cool , will watch and comment ASAP

edit: gg there lego

when you send your explorer into enemy town to scout , also scout the immediate soroundings and locate every source of food available to your opponet and push on those areas with your cav+infantry. don't fight inside his town until you have a large enough mass to assualt the TC/houses directly

when playing vs. spain , the tower age up + miners is an indication that they will do a ff and shipment spam , in this case your best bet is to attack his food supplies and and age up yourself , age 2 muskets fail horribly vs. lancer. good job at the raiding tho :)

when your wood shipment arrives, you can use it on extra blockhouses , houses etc. , but in this matchup a good use of it would have been to claim a couple trade posts for extra xp , do this vs. passive opponets , will also help your semi ff. if you are facing another aggresive based player then make an extra blockhouse or two and place them in hunts to safegaurd your vills

watch your resource stockpiles. you never want to get an abundance of any resource unless you are either planning on aging-teching-or making an extra TC/mill/plants

was a gg tho , you clearly outclassed your opponet :D just work on the small things and soon they will become a thing of the past.
- Dan
LegoGL

Post by LegoGL »

Thanks Dan. I'll work on those things.

Muskets is Russias best age 2 counter to horses..right?
Soccerman771
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by Soccerman771 »

Muskets/Cossacks is Russia's only real defense to cav in age 2. You have to mix in cossacks due to how fast the Russian musk dies to LI.
jtackel@hotmail.com

"Do you know how difficult it is to micro Napalm?" - Lazy_Tuga

"This isn't going to work. I've picked a water deck and there isn't even a pond on this map." - Blackadderthe4th
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""LegoGL""]Thanks Dan. I'll work on those things.

Muskets is Russias best age 2 counter to horses..right?[/quote]

If you're playing on the FP, the advanced arsenal card makes them surprisingly effective against cav in melee. With that card played, they do as much damage to cav as regular muskets in melee at a much lower cost. I have used them to very good effect in some team games.

But without FP, Russia has to rely on their bad muskets and 9 cossacks. Against Germany, it's a hard battle. Massed cav runs right over early Russian armies.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""LegoGL""]Thanks Dan. I'll work on those things.

If you're playing on the FP, the advanced arsenal card makes them surprisingly effective against cav in melee. With that card played, they do as much damage to cav as regular muskets in melee at a much lower cost. I have used them to very good effect in some team games.

But without FP, Russia has to rely on their bad muskets and 9 cossacks. Against Germany, it's a hard battle. Massed cav runs right over early Russian armies.[/quote]

"Greeny's build is a very good Russian option against Germans. Instead of justing sending cossacks, he sends resource cards to get more muskets quicker. Along with the cossacks, that is enough to stop straight uhlans cold."

^^,
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

[quote=""Tubruk""][quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""LegoGL""]Thanks Dan. I'll work on those things.

But without FP, Russia has to rely on their bad muskets and 9 cossacks. Against Germany, it's a hard battle. Massed cav runs right over early Russian armies.[/quote]

"Greeny's build is a very good Russian option against Germans. Instead of justing sending cossacks, he sends resource cards to get more muskets quicker. Along with the cossacks, that is enough to stop straight uhlans cold."

^^,[/quote]

There is an exception to every rule ;)
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)