Battle for Patagonia

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Battle for Patagonia

Post by etrips888 »

I was debating posting this, because being a clan game, I feel for the guys that had to go through the lamage that was this game (sorry Indy and Mac). But I just watched it and maybe its just cause I played in it, but I thought it was really entertaining to watch.

It starts off as a 2v2 between Indy and Mac vs Me and Tub, but soon turns into a 2v1 as I didn't even see the nice rush that destroyed tubs base. I decide to fight on a bit, as I still had a pretty sizable army, and it turned into a lengthy fight after all. Hope you don't mind me posting guys! ::/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Battle for Patagonia

Post by IndyBrit »

LOL. It has to be posted IMHO. I spent the whole time not believing what was happening. Enjoyable game for (6 billion -2) people in the world, I'm quite sure.

:D
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

Hmm.. I think I'm one of those 6b - 2 people then. Will watch :D
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Sounds cool. So Mac Puma/maced Tubs down, eh? I've been there before...
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""]Sounds cool. So Mac Puma/maced Tubs down, eh? I've been there before...[/quote]

No, They both pike rushed me
etrips888
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by etrips888 »

sorry for not helping about that tubruk..didn't even see that you were in trouble! Wont happen again :)
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

Hey man was Np. Only a game ^^,

Gj on winning Btw! (y)
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

I checked it out last night. Nice one, etrips! Tubs did a nice job killing pikes with his upped CDBs, but without strelet support it was a lost cause.

That game proved that somebody needs to build cav when facing Russia. Strelets are so cheap and so massable that they can really turn games around just by sheer numbers. If Mac had a bunch of coyotes before etrips got the critical strelet mass together, it would have been over.

This game also showed that the Russian arsenal card is really quite handy in the FP. When Russian muskets have 13 hand attack (X3 v. cav) as opposed to 10, they can really contribute well to anticav duties. And because Russian muskets are comparatively cheaper, they can really fulfill that role despite the lower HP. I think I did a game with Dan once when he played the arsenal card, massed muskets and stopped a hussar spam butt cold.

One last thing: etrips had an all-infantry army for most of the game. That was interesting. Normally you'd expect to see some cossacks earlier, but they didn't show up until much later.

Very fun watch.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

Nice watch! :)

A thing to think of here is, if you see a bunch of pikes coming to your tc, don't garrison your vills but run. You'll only be able to kill a few before your tc falls, and then your vills are trapped if they surrounded your tc well. Since mace and indy didn't have cav, tub could have got away with his vills. But I guess etrips didn't need help lol.
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.