Germans vs Iros - Kaiser's request

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

Sporting_Lisbon
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Germans vs Iros - Kaiser's request

Post by Sporting_Lisbon »

Kaiser asked for some games of Germans defending vs iros, and here they are!

First game is on Hispaniola, xbow/pike to skirm/uhlan semi-FF vs iro FF.

Second game is on Great Plains, xbow/pike/uhlan vs toma/aenna/kanya iro rush.

Credits to HuggyPierre for being the dear opponent here :p ggs!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: Germans vs Iros - Kaiser's request

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Wow, thanks, Sporting! I will check these out tonight!

EDIT: I watched the GP game. Nicely played, guys! I kind of got the feeling that Huggy was out of his element playing the Iros. I think there were several times when he could have really pressured you harder and earlier with double aenna shipments; I don't think the aenna shipments came in until later. For me, that's the key problem with the Iro. They BB, send 4 kanya, send 12 aenna (all supported by the chief) and can pawn anything you put in the field that early. Here, however, Huggy did not quite have the critical mass he needed to fend off the xbows and free uhlans. That gave you the time needed for the awesome German colonial econ to kick in. Still, I was stunned how many idles you had for so long, as well as the fact that you fought the crucial early battles WITHOUT ANY FOOD AND NO HUNTERS AT ALL. If that happened to me, I would have been at a loss what to do. Very nice micro and turnaround. And what a great MM call you made. I need to learn to be more patient before calling MM... that is something I could work on.

Thanks for posting, guys. I'll check out the FF games later today.
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
huGGy
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Re: Germans vs Iros - Kaiser's request

Post by huGGy »

The GP game wasn't too well played. I aged with 1000 food what kinda ruined the rush before it was initiated. Then my damn warchief ruined all my micro efforts because of lying between my troops, so i saw my warchief sign instead of my troops (first fight next to my TP). Que pena!
After that Sporting just outplayed me. Better micro, better decisions and so on.

The Hispaniola game was ok. Here i should have waited for 5 Cuirs before i attacked, but then again, Sporting outmicroed me perfectly.