Global Moderator
Global Moderator

turtle power!!!

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

Aaryn_GenD (Aztecs)

vs.

rededd (Germans)

on Great Plains

a neat little 1v1 i had with this uber turtler, it's more of a funny amusement watch than something serious, cool game though :-P
i forgot the BB techs though :( wanted to get them multiple times but something made me keep forgetting it

btw this is on Robot Entertainment 1.02 Patch
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Aaryn_GenD on Mon Jul 13, 2009 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Re: turtle power!!!

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Horrible matchup for Germany. I've tried towers. I've tried walls. I've tried everything. Even doppels. You just need ueber-micro, well timed MM and good luck with hunts near your base.

Let's see what this poor fool tried against the Aztecs...
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)
Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

Makes me think of a game I once played vs a Portuguese player who made about 80 minutemen and nothing else. He also had that card that gives buildings more hitpoints. I won in the end but boy was that annoying
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

OK, Aaryn, I finally switched to RE and watched it last night.

All I can say is: Intriguing. I had always debated whether the Teutonic TC and outposts could help vs. an Aztec rush. I think the answer is yes. But I think it's a losing strategy overall, because it makes you too passive. If you're too passive against the Aztecs, you lose. It's just a matter of time before they Firepit your arsch with 29 attack coyotes. This guy didn't build military at all until Age 4, and his decks were totally wrong. As impressive as his turtle was, it was just prolonging the inevitable.

Still, what I learned here was that TC fire is an Aztec rusher's worst enemy. With the TC upgraded, it was gunning down maces like flies in one shot. That gave me some ideas. I don't think outposts are needed if you use an upgraded TC, a few channeling walls and build military from one rax BEHIND your base. I'm going to fool around with that next time I play an Aztec.

This rededd fellow could have played much more aggressively. His buildings did all the damage against your troops, and he was lucky to have a huge herd right in his base. On any other map, he would have been dead the moment he ran out of hunts. That was the biggest factor that let him last so long against you.

Still, a very interesting game. Thanks for posting.

Lost_my_hope
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Lost_my_hope »

Why build military units when you have a 135-attack TC that can two-shot-kill an upgraded mace. Hehe:P
Vivian Stanshall, about 3 o'clock in the morning, Oxfordshire, 1973... good night.
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

kaiser you really are a man who keeps his promises up :)

i never noticed him having such nice hunt position, lol i should pay attention moer on that
oh yes, cm tcs oneshot kill everything an aztec can throw at you in colonial, just coyotes and jpk survive, every aztec fears this

the firepit is really the nicest thing they got, i can go booming with it like crazy if the rush got beaten back or i didn't do enough damage, exp, fertility, attack and water dance help bigtime if needed.
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]kaiser you really are a man who keeps his promises up :)

i never noticed him having such nice hunt position, lol i should pay attention moer on that
oh yes, cm tcs oneshot kill everything an aztec can throw at you in colonial, just coyotes and jpk survive, every aztec fears this

the firepit is really the nicest thing they got, i can go booming with it like crazy if the rush got beaten back or i didn't do enough damage, exp, fertility, attack and water dance help bigtime if needed.[/quote]

Yes, I hold to my promises... although this makes me an atypical lawyer 8)

As far as the firepit goes, it must be more difficult dealing with a turtle on FP since you can only get 6 priests on there, right?

Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""Kaiser_von_Nuben""][quote=""Aaryn_GenD""]kaiser you really are a man who keeps his promises up :)

the firepit is really the nicest thing they got, i can go booming with it like crazy if the rush got beaten back or i didn't do enough damage, exp, fertility, attack and water dance help bigtime if needed.[/quote]

Yes, I hold to my promises... although this makes me an atypical lawyer 8)

As far as the firepit goes, it must be more difficult dealing with a turtle on FP since you can only get 6 priests on there, right?[/quote]

its not on the fan patch, he can still get 10 WP's
St_Brewer
Captain
Captain

Post by St_Brewer »

u know how u can harvest from ur allies mills, can u put ur WPs on ur allies fire pit?
If you cant run then you walk
If you cant walk then you crawl
and if you cant do that no more...
well you find someone to carry you
Aaryn_GenD
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Aaryn_GenD »

[quote=""Tubruk""]
its not on the fan patch, he can still get 10 WP's[/quote]

yes this game is not on fanpatch, kaiser is aware of this otherwise he wouldn't say "i finally switched to RE to watch this!"(kudos to you kaiser) or do you mean something else?

[quote=""St_Brewer""]u know how u can harvest from ur allies mills, can u put ur WPs on ur allies fire pit?[/quote]

hm i'm not sure but i think it doesn't work. what works though is the TEAM 2 WP shipment of teh aztecs on a native teammates firepit
Tubruk
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Tubruk »

[quote=""Aaryn_GenD""][quote=""Tubruk""]
its not on the fan patch, he can still get 10 WP's[/quote]

yes this game is not on fanpatch, kaiser is aware of this otherwise he wouldn't say "i finally switched to RE to watch this!"(kudos to you kaiser) or do you mean something else?

[quote=""St_Brewer""]u know how u can harvest from ur allies mills, can u put ur WPs on ur allies fire pit?[/quote]

hm i'm not sure but i think it doesn't work. what works though is the TEAM 2 WP shipment of teh aztecs on a native teammates firepit[/quote]

#1 ben asked if i was hard to FP boom with the new 6 WP limit, and i was saying it hasnt changed between 1.01a and 1.02.

Edit: #2 I'm wrong. they can ^^
Last edited by Tubruk on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
generalbuschmann
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by generalbuschmann »

no the team wp can dance on iros and sioux firepit too