2v2 araucania

Talk about Strategies and share your Replays here

Moderators: Global Moderator, Age Moderator

IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

2v2 araucania

Post by IndyBrit »

I'm proud of this little game. This is about as well as I can play here, although I'm sure mistakes were made. :-P

This is a 1st-2nd versus a 1st-2nd, probably a good look because we have many in that skill range. My partner wanted to double-cav and boom while raiding.

Comments welcome. These are friends of mine, so please be kind in all comments.

FYI - ROBOT PATCH
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deadhanddan
N3O Member
N3O Member

Re: 2v2 araucania

Post by deadhanddan »

k downloaded and will watch later :)
- Dan
ChrisTheMean
Private
Private

Post by ChrisTheMean »

Good watch, Indy. Of course, I'm no expert, but here's just a couple things I noticed (I watched from your perspective). Wasting two deer to decay at the start seems like it could be avoided. You had to ship land grab pretty early, as there were only two hunts accessible to you at the start. On a map with that many berries, it would have probably been better to build an outpost near one or two of the many berry patches (AFAIK, berries>mills, and outpost=cheaper than mill). Other than that, nice raids, your second one on the French player especially. It seemed to me like you guys could have held your partners TC, as they only had like 8 pikes to counter your hussars. I know its important to concentrate on the battle, but in an early one, you had like 18 idle vills for quite a while, then 8 for even longer. Nice micro with your LB's in the French town, at one point you were swarmed with hussars and managed to survive. Your partner did a really nice move with his pikes during the final attack on the Dutch player at the end, hanging them back, expecting a flank on the ranged inf, then pulling them up to the expected flank just in time. GG! :mrgreen:
[quote=""Soccerman771""]It's obvious. As your name states you were mean to him so he went and cried in the corner. When he got the muster to come back to the game and face you, well you made him cry again.[/quote]
IndyBrit
N3O Officer
N3O Officer

Post by IndyBrit »

Good stuff in there Chris. Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

Indy
I__CHAOS__I
N3O Member
N3O Member

Post by I__CHAOS__I »

well played Indy.
A few things I noticed:
-keep vil production going, this will boost your eco reaaly fast, brits need it.
-Once you are on the offence, try to build some new baracks closer to the frontline, you had the resources for it. Your units had a long walk before gettin some action
-Don't use the attack move with longbows, I saw the annimation reloading several times after a kill which slows down their ROF. When you got a nice mass, just let em do the fighting and enjoy the show :D

gg
Wisdom is the supreme part of happiness. - Sophocles
Happiness belongs to the self-sufficient. - Aristotle
Kaiser_von_Nuben
Honorary Member
Honorary Member

Post by Kaiser_von_Nuben »

Well played, Indy. Your hussar build was good, and your raiding was effective, too. I generally don't age with the food politician when I do Brit hussars, but either way you get the job done. I like the coin/outpost because I get map control and coin for steel traps. Sometimes you wind up with only 4 hussars from the initial batch, but in my view having all the market ups is a worthy price.

Nice job switching from cav to LBs. You did that seamlessly. And again, you proved that there is rarely a need to age up with that manor economy! Nice job. I got scared when those 7 French falcs popped up before the battle at their town, but your ally had your back.

My only comment in addition to what's already been said: When you're Brits, GET ALL THE MARKET UPGRADES!
"The German Army will not stand for it!"

-Colonel Bockner, King Solomon's Mines (1985)